Peculiarities at the test center Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
dosemfb89

New

Peculiarities at the test center

Post by dosemfb89 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:33 am

Hi everyone, I just took the test last weekend and was kind of surprised at the stuff that happened. I wanted to share this because no one else have, and also because I think it may lead to our Feb test scores being delayed.

First of all, during the first section one of the test takers went to the bathroom and returned only to request that his scores be cancelled. This was not so much out of the ordinary I guess. But at the beginning of section 2, the student was demanding that something (not sure what it was) was "his property". It could have been his number 2 pencils or his zip lock bag, but it could also have been the test booklet. I know this may sound highly unlikely, but with the proctors being unable to speak English, I was a little worried that they may not be exactly fine tuned to the rules of administering the test. I was too busy re-reading my question again and again during the whole fiasco to look up and see what he was claiming to be his property(which I regret). If the guy did leave the room with the test booklet and LSAC found out that they had a test booklet go missing at the second section during the test, I'm not sure exactly what would happen.

Second, and from here on I was not a first-hand witness, apparently the lights went out during the test for some reason in another room for a short time (maybe a couple of minutes) and led to some people complaining. It clearly would be distressing, and may be a reasonable basis to request for a retake. But I should add that there were a lot of windows and it was early in the morning, so the test was still readable according to the person who was in that room. If this does lead to a re-take for some test takers, could that mean the entire score release date being delayed?

Third, there was this test-taker who wrote something on the back of the eraser cover and got caught by a proctor. Apparently the person tried running away (like actually RUNNING). Not sure how this ended, but interesting given that notes would be very unlikely to help you during the test. This could be a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt.

So that was the test last weekend. Any thoughts?

EvilClinton

Bronze

Re: Peculiarities at the test center

Post by EvilClinton » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:36 am

dosemfb89 wrote:If this does lead to a re-take for some test takers, could that mean the entire score release date being delayed?
No. Just the delay or invalidation of those tests.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:57 am

dosemfb89 wrote:Second, and from here on I was not a first-hand witness, apparently the lights went out during the test for some reason in another room for a short time (maybe a couple of minutes) and led to some people complaining. It clearly would be distressing, and may be a reasonable basis to request for a retake. But I should add that there were a lot of windows and it was early in the morning, so the test was still readable according to the person who was in that room. If this does lead to a re-take for some test takers, could that mean the entire score release date being delayed?
I highly doubt it would lead to a re-take. The fire alarm went off halfway through the 3rd section when I took the LSAT, and they just stopped the exam, then started up again where we'd left off when the alarm first went off. The light from the alarm continued flashing so a couple of people got up and stood on chairs and covered the lights with their coats. I think it has to be pretty catastrophic to merit a re-take.

roranoa

Silver

Post by roranoa » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:21 am

dosemfb89 wrote: Third, there was this test-taker who wrote something on the back of the eraser cover and got caught by a proctor. Apparently the person tried running away (like actually RUNNING). Not sure how this ended, but interesting given that notes would be very unlikely to help you during the test. This could be a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt.

So that was the test last weekend. Any thoughts?
So that's why the proctors ripped off my eraser cover!

WilliamDeWrites

New

Post by WilliamDeWrites » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:29 pm

Where did u take the test?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”