Bubbling/Erasing Question Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ws81086n

Bronze

Bubbling/Erasing Question

Post by ws81086n » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:01 am

Yesterday there was a question that I began to change with about 5-7 seconds left, and I was able to erase the other bubble and fill in the appropriate answer, but my erasure was not all that great. Is this cause to worry?

Volunteer

New

Re: Bubbling/Erasing Question

Post by Volunteer » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:06 am

You could request hand scoring.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:10 am

Volunteer wrote:You could request hand scoring.
This also works both ways. They can lower your score if OTHER discrepancies are found. You get a digital image of your scoring sheet, I'd check that out first. I don't think you need to request beforehand.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:32 am

stillwater wrote:
Volunteer wrote:You could request hand scoring.
This also works both ways. They can lower your score if OTHER discrepancies are found. You get a digital image of your scoring sheet, I'd check that out first. I don't think you need to request beforehand.
You don't get a copy of your answer sheet from a non-disclosed test, so there is no way to tell which answer choices the machine registered for a Feb test when you get your score. The only docs about the test you get is the score and its percentile ranking, that's it.

I wonder if they let you see the answer sheet if you request hand scoring so you can see what they counted, especially if they adjust your score. Probably not since it is non-disclosed but I've never heard anyone that had a Feb test hand scored say they got to see the answer choice b/c they asked for handscoring.

OP: If you erased the other bubble fairly well and it's just a light grey smudge left and the other bubble is fully filled in and dark, there shouldn't be a problem. The machines are set to take things like that into account since people erase and change answers and because of the type of paper the answer sheet is on, erasing usually leaves a visible grey smudge the machine is trained to ignore.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:16 pm

Jeffort wrote: OP: If you erased the other bubble fairly well and it's just a light grey smudge left and the other bubble is fully filled in and dark, there shouldn't be a problem. The machines are set to take things like that into account since people erase and change answers and because of the type of paper the answer sheet is on, erasing usually leaves a visible grey smudge the machine is trained to ignore.
Yea, the modern machines are very high quality. I've had a ton of students ask the same question, only to get their score report and see their answers were credited correctly.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”