Actual Test Day Timeline Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gobosox

Bronze

Actual Test Day Timeline

Post by gobosox » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:12 am

In prepping for my test, I wanted to do a run-through the week before to try and simulate real LSAT conditions for the Feb administration. Wondering (besides section length) what your experiences were so I can do the most realistic simulation possible.

1) How long did you wait in the test center after the "report no later than" time?

2) How able were you to move around and go run through some problems in the other room (a la 1776LSAT's guide)? Or did you have to stay in your room after checking in?

3) How much time did you really have between sections?

4) How long was your break

5) Did they allow you to have water during the test? (what if you went into a coughing fit or something?)

6) Any other misc comments

Br3v

Gold

Re: Actual Test Day Timeline

Post by Br3v » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:17 am

gobosox wrote:In prepping for my test, I wanted to do a run-through the week before to try and simulate real LSAT conditions for the Feb administration. Wondering (besides section length) what your experiences were so I can do the most realistic simulation possible.

1) How long did you wait in the test center after the "report no later than" time?
I forget, maybe 30 mins?

2) How able were you to move around and go run through some problems in the other room (a la 1776LSAT's guide)? Or did you have to stay in your room after checking in?
You have to stay in the room. But you know when the "moment of no return is". Proctors will be like "ok starting now you can't leave the room till section 1 starts" or "thanks for checking in, your room is ###, but once you walk in you may not leave till section 1"

Around 5 seconds

5) Did they allow you to have water during the test? (what if you went into a coughing fit or something?)
Yeah. I think it even says you can on LSAC.
Just follow every LSAC rule to a T. Some proctors are harder than others and you don't want to give them any reason the think they need to write you up. You have studied too long to have your test ruined because you brought the wrong type pencil.

wtrc

Gold

Re: Actual Test Day Timeline

Post by wtrc » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:42 am

gobosox wrote:In prepping for my test, I wanted to do a run-through the week before to try and simulate real LSAT conditions for the Feb administration. Wondering (besides section length) what your experiences were so I can do the most realistic simulation possible.

I got lucky, maybe like 20 minutes. I've heard stories of hours though- just be prepared. Then you have the whole bubbling of your name and other info., which actually takes longer than expected when you just want to jump into the first section.

Nah, you can't do problems in another room once you've checked in. You probably don't even want to bring anything like that with you.

None, really. Fortunately I finished a few sections a couple minutes early so checked answers but also was able to relax for like 30 seconds or so.

15 minutes.

Yeah, you can bring pencils/water/tissues.

Don't stress about it, as long as you've been PTing in conditions that are similar it's not an issue. Good luck!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”