Going to fast Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jwg6x6

New

Going to fast

Post by jwg6x6 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:44 pm

SO i am getting the following scores: 170ish

-1 to -2 on LG

-2 to -3 on LR

and -5 on RC

I am finishing every section after about 28 minutes so in my PTs I am just sitting there waiting for time to end. Should I try to slow down or should I go back over the answers when I am done? Which one will help me more?

Also, What is the best way to get better in RC in the next two weeks?

nugnoy

Bronze

Re: Going to fast

Post by nugnoy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:42 pm

1. The best thing to do get all those questions right and THEN work on timing. But I don't think there's enough time to do that since you have only 2 weeks. So:

2. Identify what questions you are getting wrong. Are they ones that you weren't certain about? mark them (star etc) during the PT next time. When you have leftover time, go back and check, prioritizing the marked ones. Are they the ones that you WERE certain about? This is gonna be a more delicate problem imo. Study what it was about those questions that you were certain about but you were wrong - and change your habit to not make those mistakes. For example, I was surprised to find out I got Q5 wrong when I didn't star it (I felt certain I got it right). I reviewed it, and found that I had misdiagrammed an unless rule. Go back, and drill unless diagramming. Next time I PT I'm gonna slow down a little for unless statements.

3. I haven't studied RC as rigorously as I've been covering LR and LG. But What I would say is this: I must be reading at ALL times. When I'm in a car and not driving I read a pt pdf. When I'm driving I turn into conditionals every readable thing I see (No parking here any time: If I know it's so-and-so street, there's no parking at any time. If there's parking, then I know it's NOT so-and-so street) When I'm unexpectedly forced to just stand around I read a pt on my phone. When I'm eating I read lsat-related stuff or go over a game/problem. If it were 2 weeks before my test I would do my best to be reading something at all times.

stuckinthemiddle

Bronze

Post by stuckinthemiddle » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:47 pm

I went into this thread thinking that someone was going to hunger-strike against LSAC/law school. :lol:

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:59 pm

stuckinthemiddle wrote:I went into this thread thinking that someone was going to hunger-strike against LSAC/law school. :lol:
lol :lol:

PS: The involuntary hunger strike gets imposed after LS if you messed up the LSAT and ended up at a crappy school! :wink:

nugnoy

Bronze

Post by nugnoy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:48 pm

stuckinthemiddle wrote:I went into this thread thinking that someone was going to hunger-strike against LSAC/law school. :lol:
LOL

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”