~1 month until February Test day, should i...? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
homie1515

Bronze

~1 month until February Test day, should i...?

Post by homie1515 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:42 pm

As you all know, there is roughly 4 weeks until test day in February. My question is this: Do I start PTing now until test day? Or should i go over LR questions by type for the remainder of this week, then PT starting next week??

I have read the MLR and MLG and im fairly confident in the LG section, but LR is a bit more difficult for me, especially when practicing questions by type it's a pain to find the answers.

Anyway, should I review LR by type or just start PTing? The last PT i took was over 6 months ago before i started my prep and i scored a 160, if that matters. And im trying to get a 170+.

Thanks

Edit:
I have every PT available also, just a fyi. Idk if that matters at all.

wtrc

Gold

Re: ~1 month until February Test day, should i...?

Post by wtrc » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:50 pm

homie1515 wrote:As you all know, there is roughly 4 weeks until test day in February. My question is this: Do I start PTing now until test day? Or should i go over LR questions by type for the remainder of this week, then PT starting next week??

I have read the MLR and MLG and im fairly confident in the LG section, but LR is a bit more difficult for me, especially when practicing questions by type it's a pain to find the answers.

Anyway, should I review LR by type or just start PTing? The last PT i took was over 6 months ago before i started my prep and i scored a 160, if that matters. And im trying to get a 170+.

Thanks

Edit:
I have every PT available also, just a fyi. Idk if that matters at all.
If the last PT you took was 6 months ago, then you have no baseline of where you are now. Take a PT as soon as you can, see what you get, then evaluate. If you aren't near 170, strongly consider waiting a cycle and taking more time to study.

homie1515

Bronze

Post by homie1515 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:02 pm

thanks, i will take one tonight.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:05 pm

homie1515 wrote:thanks, i will take one tonight.
Since you are planning on taking the LSAT in a month and thus won't be going through all of the PT's, take one that is more recent for a more accurate gauge (LG and to a lesser extent LR have changed since PT1, and RC obviously has the new passage/response thing).

homie1515

Bronze

Post by homie1515 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:22 pm

im going to take from lsat superprep test c... im not sure which date it is. Or i could take 50.5 february lsat? Which do you think? Are those recent enough?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cc.celina

Silver

Post by cc.celina » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:30 am

PT PT PT. The superpreps are really old. I'd suggest starting with 30 or so and working your way into the 60s. DO LOTS OF TESTS. Remember to closely analyze all of your wrong answers and make sure you're learning from each test. Good luck!

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:09 pm

How'd you do?

E agent7

New

Post by E agent7 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:24 pm

Exercise your timing by doing full sections in 25 minutes. Then PT and PT some more, take more recent ones for comparative RC.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”