Cambridge drilling books (vs. others) for PithyPike's Plan Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bdeans91

New

Cambridge drilling books (vs. others) for PithyPike's Plan

Post by bdeans91 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Are these books any good?

I am looking into PithyPike's plan for drilling and these books looked like they would do the trick. I know pithypike recommends different books and for the LG drilling he just recommends photocopying from old exams.

This seems convenient though. Anyone have experience with them? Is it worth buying Vol 1-2 of all of these, or just for one section type?

Anyone recommend OTHER books for drilling?

EDIT: do I even need to invest in a book for drilling? I have 46 PTs and I only want to do (in full) the last 15-20 of them.

Thanks

Cambridge LSAT

Bronze

Re: Cambridge drilling books (vs. others) for PithyPike's Plan

Post by Cambridge LSAT » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:32 pm

While you definitely could do your drilling from the actual PrepTests (for instance, using the PT classifications, answer keys, and drilling bubble sheets), it is a bit inconvenient. This is especially true for LR, since you won't have the answers for any given type all in one place. Also, if you're looking to repeat games, our LSAT Logic Games Repetition Workbooks contain three copies of each included game.

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Last edited by Daily_Double on Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stinson

Bronze

Post by Stinson » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:43 pm

Just remember as a general point that there is no "right" or "good." There is right for you or good for you, and it requires experimentation. When I did LG, I just did prep test after prep test and that did the trick. LG is all about developing an intuition about where to start with a game, and in my case that just meant seeing a lot of games until my brain could intuit where the pressure points were.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”