Summer LSAT venting Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jetsfan1

Silver

Summer LSAT venting

Post by jetsfan1 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:03 pm

Why the hell cant there be a late august LSAT administration? So frustrating summer is basically the only time i (and many undergrads) can study full time and once October rolls around ive spent a month barely looking at LSAT stuff bc of classes/football and im not nearly as prepared as i was in august. Oh well...

TripTrip

Gold

Re: Summer LSAT venting

Post by TripTrip » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:13 pm

jetsfan1 wrote:Why the hell cant there be a late august LSAT administration? So frustrating summer is basically the only time i (and many undergrads) can study full time and once October rolls around ive spent a month barely looking at LSAT stuff bc of classes/football and im not nearly as prepared as i was in august. Oh well...
If you're serious about law school, take a month off from football to study for the LSAT. It could be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

suralin

Diamond

Post by suralin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:41 pm

TripTrip wrote:
jetsfan1 wrote:Why the hell cant there be a late august LSAT administration? So frustrating summer is basically the only time i (and many undergrads) can study full time and once October rolls around ive spent a month barely looking at LSAT stuff bc of classes/football and im not nearly as prepared as i was in august. Oh well...
If you're serious about law school, take a month off from football to study for the LSAT. It could be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

jetsfan1

Silver

Post by jetsfan1 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

you cant just take a month off of a sport...

sabanist

Silver

Post by sabanist » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:59 pm

As a huge college and NFL fan, it's called budgeting your time. I went to Dallas and 3 home Bama games before the October test, while working 40 hours a week and taking classes no less. I'd study for the LSAT every weeknight, Saturday mornings before kickoff, and all day Sunday except for 4 hours of budgeted NFL tv time.
Take super easy classes and you can set them on the backburner until after test day.

It sucked at the time and I had no social life outside of tailgating, but it was worth it. I understand the frustration with test scheduling, but this is part of the challenge.

Good luck, and I hope McElroy treats you well :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jetsfan1

Silver

Post by jetsfan1 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:09 pm

Well that is incredibly impressive haha good for you. This is all in retrospect btw I already took it in Oct. and bombed, just wishing it had turned out different/ could have taken it in the summer... Good luck at Harvard/ anywhere you want to go and heres to Greg McElroy starting come next season!

sabanist

Silver

Post by sabanist » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:17 pm

jetsfan1 wrote:Well that is incredibly impressive haha good for you. This is all in retrospect btw I already took it in Oct. and bombed, just wishing it had turned out different/ could have taken it in the summer... Good luck at Harvard/ anywhere you want to go and heres to Greg McElroy starting come next season!
Ah, gotcha. Well, now that you have a basic understanding of the test, a month of dedicated studying in May could set you up well for June. Worst case scenario, you do what I did and retake in October.
I appreciate it, and I think McElroy is as shocked at his success as I am at mine. Never thought I'd see the prototypical game manager start in the NFL nor my hillbilly ass go Ivy. :lol:

Good luck to you!

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:19 pm

jetsfan1 wrote:you cant just take a month off of a sport...
when you are a jets fan, you can take years off without missing anything

jetsfan1

Silver

Post by jetsfan1 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:22 pm

yaya nice one (as much as I hate to admit it, it is true though)- to clarify i was talking about playing football, not watching it haha

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jetsfan1

Silver

Post by jetsfan1 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:24 pm

but in all seriousness, why not a late summer lsat? It really makes sense for undergraduates, gives them the whole summer to study and not worry about classes.

Justin Genious

Bronze

Post by Justin Genious » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:30 pm

It'd also be nice if I didn't have to work my 60+ hour a week job and be able to study full-time but it's not an option. Write out a schedule and work with it. The time you spend complaining about no summer LSAT could be better used for making a studying schedule that works with your situation. It's wake up time, buddy, and your future is shaking your bed telling you to get the fuck up and start realizing your potential. Balance it all out and do your thing in June (no football in the spring so you basically just have UG classes to worry about).

cause8191

New

Post by cause8191 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:37 pm

Why not just start studying now? You have nothing to lose. I am, and I am only a sophomore with an 18 hour schedule. You have five long months until the June LSAT. Just invest a few hours per day into the LSAT. It's not football season right now.

jetsfan1

Silver

Post by jetsfan1 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:42 pm

Alright clearly this didnt go as planned. I did all those things, I worked it in and everything, schedule and all that, was just trying to say it would be more convenient...

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:47 pm

get serious bro. this thread is pathetic.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”