Limited counts of test taking Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Rebecca&Fiona

New

Limited counts of test taking

Post by Rebecca&Fiona » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:24 am

Okay, I have read that "You may not take the LSAT more than three times in any two-year period" in LSAC policy.
And I was wondering how that two-year period counts.

My situation is
2011 Oct. Canceled
2012 Oct. Scored badly
2012 Dec. Will Score badly

And now I'm planning to retake LSAT in Feb 2013.
Is this 2013 will be the new two-year period?
This means I will have 3 more to go? (Obviously I don't want to, but just in case)

Jacaranda21

New

Re: Limited counts of test taking

Post by Jacaranda21 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:23 am

2 years from the first test date restarts the 2 year period (oct 2013)

Rebecca&Fiona

New

Post by Rebecca&Fiona » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:30 am

Thanks for the info.

But by your account, I can't take Feb 2013 LSAT?

I'm not sure, but I just tried to see if I could confirm the registration for Feb and I was able to confirm, the one step before the payment.
Is it possible I might be rejected when it comes to the payment?

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:59 pm

Yeah, you can be rejected after payment. They'll withdraw your testing registration.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/archives ... 1&start=25

boblawlob

Silver

Post by boblawlob » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:41 pm

Rebecca&Fiona wrote:Okay, I have read that "You may not take the LSAT more than three times in any two-year period" in LSAC policy.

My situation is
2011 Oct. Canceled
2012 Oct. Scored badly

This means I will have 3 more to go? (Obviously I don't want to, but just in case)
Even if you could retake it in Feb 2013, I would advise you to actually wait until Oct 2013. You need to overhaul your studying completely and start from scratch and read LR guides etc etc from start to finish. You will benefit from this as long as you put your mind to it and have a loose schedule that you can adhere to.

I've had two bad scores (157, 156) and I took a year off and bumped that up to a 163. It can be done. A 2 month period really isn't enough to completely overhaul your studying. This is all predicated on the fact that you have not taken every practice test available and have at least 5 fresh tests.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cloudhidden

Bronze

Post by cloudhidden » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:33 pm

boblawlob wrote:
Rebecca&Fiona wrote:Okay, I have read that "You may not take the LSAT more than three times in any two-year period" in LSAC policy.

My situation is
2011 Oct. Canceled
2012 Oct. Scored badly

Even if you could retake it in Feb 2013, I would advise you to actually wait until Oct 2013. You need to overhaul your studying completely and start from scratch and read LR guides etc etc from start to finish. You will benefit from this as long as you put your mind to it and have a loose schedule that you can adhere to.

I've had two bad scores (157, 156) and I took a year off and bumped that up to a 163. It can be done. A 2 month period really isn't enough to completely overhaul your studying. This is all predicated on the fact that you have not taken every practice test available and have at least 5 fresh tests.
I have now taken the test three times (Oct. 2010, June 2011, and Dec. 2012). In the process, I managed to burn through every PT out there. Now, I think I could have scored anywhere within my PT range (163 to 174) on December. Without any fresh material, what should be my contingency plans? I would think reforging oneself for next October or December makes sense for 90% of test takers, but I'm not sure about those in my situation.

boblawlob

Silver

Post by boblawlob » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:18 pm

cloudhidden wrote:
boblawlob wrote:

My situation is
2011 Oct. Canceled
2012 Oct. Scored badly

I have now taken the test three times (Oct. 2010, June 2011, and Dec. 2012). In the process, I managed to burn through every PT out there. Now, I think I could have scored anywhere within my PT range (163 to 174) on December. Without any fresh material, what should be my contingency plans? I would think reforging oneself for next October or December makes sense for 90% of test takers, but I'm not sure about those in my situation.
I'm sure you did well in Dec. But if you are inquiring about fresh material, have you taken the 4 February Preptests out there? How many times did you study/take the new preptests? I took the PT60s like 5 times and so they are pretty much useless to me forever (mostly). But if you've only taken them once or twice, there's still value in those.

cloudhidden

Bronze

Post by cloudhidden » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:04 pm

I have done everything out there except parts of an LR section I used for warming up purposes. My situation looks something like this: PT 1-20: only used to drill for this recent test; PT 21-38: mostly drilling this time around, took some PTs and sections back in 2011; PT 39-49, just PTs and sections for this year; PT 50-67: took some of the 50s back in 2010, but took most everything from PT 56 on twice and in some instances at least three times over the last two years.

I would feel so much more confident about December were it not for the last LG. I studied all this time to have my fate sealed by educated guesses on a game I had more than 15 minutes to work with.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”