December LSAT Experiment Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
NontradFL

New

December LSAT Experiment

Post by NontradFL » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you about my LSAT experience. I'm a 46 year old professional in central FL and just took the 12/12 LSAT. In 2009 I was thinking about changing careers and bought one of those LSAT prep books at Barnes & Noble. When I took the sample test I was both humbled and fascinated. The desire to switch careers soon faded but my fascination with the LSAT did not. I started buying prep tests from LSAC and doing them in my spare time instead of crosswords or other "time passers".

Earlier this year, after completing about 10 prep tests overall, I signed up for the LSAT on a whim just to see how I'd compare to the best and brightest. Sometime in August a light switch was hit and I committed to really giving this my all. I purchased every prep test and put in easily 200 hours of timed misery on them. My high was 172 and my low was 157. In mid October I realized that AR was my Achilles heel and made a copy of every puzzle published. It took me two weeks to finish them all but I never got less than two wrong. I copied them again and got several to 100% but usually got 3 or so wrong.

Needless to say, test day was an experience. I was at least 15 years older than the others and I was nervous.

When the test was over, I thanked the proctors, shook their hands, and walked out feeling satisfied that I'd "left it all on the field". What an experience. Thank you LSAC. If I did we'll......who knows. Maybe you'll see me in the class of 2016 with all the 20 something's.

TripTrip

Gold

Re: December LSAT Experiment

Post by TripTrip » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:13 pm

Great, now I'm nervous for both of our scores.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”