Improve Score With Two Days to Go? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
GoingForGold

New

Improve Score With Two Days to Go?

Post by GoingForGold » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:40 am

I was unhappy with my result on the October test. I have taken 5 recent LSATs this week with the following scores: 171, 172, 173, 172, 176

Is there anything I can reasonably do tomorrow and Friday to eek out a point or two more on my expected score? Or, realistically, so I just relax and let the score come as it may.

I am retaking a 171 and based upon these tests I am not particularly excited about my expected results.

M458

Bronze

Re: Improve Score With Two Days to Go?

Post by M458 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:43 am

GoingForGold wrote:I was unhappy with my result on the October test. I have taken 5 recent LSATs this week with the following scores: 171, 172, 173, 172, 176

Is there anything I can reasonably do tomorrow and Friday to eek out a point or two more on my expected score? Or, realistically, so I just relax and let the score come as it may.

I am retaking a 171 and based upon these tests I am not particularly excited about my expected results.
You should probably just relax. However, if on EVERY test you're getting one type of question/LG type wrong, then it couldn't hurt to maybe read the LRB/LGB or Manhattan LR/LG chapter on that type and drill it a tiny bit. Who knows, maybe you'll pick up a tip that helps you on test-day.

Brysia

New

Post by Brysia » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:16 am

Slow down to avoid careless mistakes.

GoingForGold

New

Post by GoingForGold » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:39 am

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a systematic error across tests. Sometimes it's LG and sometimes it's RC that costs me the most in raw score and the other is only -1 or -2. Then on my last test I was thinking "yeah, this might even be a 180", and it turned out my bread and butter, LR dicked me up. LR is usually -1 to -3 when the sections are combined and on this last one it was -7!

Ramsey

New

Post by Ramsey » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:10 am

I'm in the same boat. I am retaking 170 (1st try, slightly underperformed) in two days, but my recent scores are all over. I seriously considered withdrawing my registration, but then even a 2-point increase can really change my cycle. Maybe having a decent reportable score will help me relax and do well on Sunday. The worst possible scenario is canceling the test (and losing Sunday morning sleep), which is not too bad.

Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”