Hello Everyone. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jnolen2

New

Hello Everyone.

Post by jnolen2 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:01 pm

I've been lurking on this site for a few weeks reading and learning. It wasn't until today that I felt I had something worth posting. I took 2 prep tests today, one was the 2007 June pretest and the other was the second of three pretests in the Official LSAT Superprep distributed by LSAC. I've finished a book of ten before this and have been self studying with some of the Princeton Review stuff. I've been hitting consistently in the low to mid 160s. Had two 167s, a 165, a couple 164s, and about five in the 161-163 range. A couple of the lower scores were before any prep whatsoever. I got a 161 without putting pencil to paper except to bubble circles because I didn't know we could write on the test booklet. Anyway, I set my sights at a reasonable level. I am from Alabama and wouldn't mind going to Alabama law when I finish school. Ok, back to my point.
I took two tests today. The first I scored a 162 on. I screwed up majorly on one of the games, overlooking the key word "not" in one of the clues and thereby "not" getting any of the questions right. But hey, thats one of the hazards we endure on test day. The second one I blew through. I had a few minutes left over on every section except the games. I suck at games. But I do well with arguments. I got a 174 on my second test. Any recommendations on how I manage to get even close to that on test day? I test this Saturday, and I will definitely be waking up early and prepping with a couple of sections. Anyway, thanks in advance for any thoughts.

SumStalwart

Bronze

Re: Hello Everyone.

Post by SumStalwart » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:14 am

Congrats on the 174!

Anyway, since the test is coming up this Saturday, you should work on refining your skills. Do un-timed drills, and a couple of timed PT's. Make sure to analyze the "correct" and "incorrect" answers (mainly focusing on the questions that you missed or struggled on).

I wouldn't recommend doing full sections as warm ups for test day. I feel like that will burn you out. Instead, just bring a passage of reading comp, several LR questions, and an AR game. Do those for your warm up and destroy the LSAT.

Good luck on Saturday!

jnolen2

New

Re: Hello Everyone.

Post by jnolen2 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks for the reply!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”