.privacy Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
john09121

New

.privacy

Post by john09121 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:14 pm

Last edited by john09121 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawschool2014hopeful

Silver

Re: 1 minute breaks between sections?

Post by lawschool2014hopeful » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:18 pm

your friend is right. Was literally 5-10s for me.

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:18 pm

john09121 wrote:The virtual proctor I'm using has 1 minute breaks between each section (save for of course the 15 minute break). Can I expect these breaks on test day? I only ask because I want to be sure I'll have enough time to reset my watch. A friend of mine who took the test in October said breaks were <30s.
The stops between sections are long enough for the proctors to be sure everyone puts their pencils down and is ready to go to the next section. If you are talking about spinning your analog watch back to 12 o'clock every section, you might be better suited to get used to adding 35 minutes to whatever the start time is instead. It's better than stressing yourself out when they go to the next section faster than you were expecting.

jmart154

New

Post by jmart154 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Depends on who is running the show I guess. Mine were 10 seconds max.

john09121

New

Post by john09121 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:46 pm

Hmm. Shit. Ok. Are there any virtual proctors that you would consider to be the most accurate?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TylerJonesMPLS

New

Post by TylerJonesMPLS » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:18 pm

Unless your watch is cranky, and gives you a hard time when you are resetting it, you will almost certainly have time to reset it when you sit the LSAT. Proctors that only leave a few seconds between sections are few and far between. The reason that virtual proctors have 1 minute breaks between sections, is that people complain when they have to wait 5 minutes.

It usually takes proctors a few minutes to make sure everyone has stopped working, have not turned the page to the next section, etc. Also, keep in mind that proctors are paid so little that they really don't care very much, so there is no special reason for them to speed through. The important thing is to insist that proctors fix immediately anything that is bothering you, e.g. the sun shine on your desk, or a chair that rocks etc.

Ex Cearulo

Bronze

Post by Ex Cearulo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:18 am

TylerJonesMPLS wrote:Unless your watch is cranky, and gives you a hard time when you are resetting it, you will almost certainly have time to reset it when you sit the LSAT. Proctors that only leave a few seconds between sections are few and far between. The reason that virtual proctors have 1 minute breaks between sections, is that people complain when they have to wait 5 minutes.

It usually takes proctors a few minutes to make sure everyone has stopped working, have not turned the page to the next section, etc. Also, keep in mind that proctors are paid so little that they really don't care very much, so there is no special reason for them to speed through. The important thing is to insist that proctors fix immediately anything that is bothering you, e.g. the sun shine on your desk, or a chair that rocks etc.
Actually, this is precisely a reason for them to speed through. They aren't getting paid much. It's a Saturday. They more than likely want the test to be finished as fast as possible.

And, for the record, I've seen way more stories of proctors only giving ~10 seconds between sections than I have stories of proctors giving 30-60 sec. In Oct, I did not have time to reset my simple analog wrist watch. Not even close.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”