JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
magickware

Bronze

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Post by magickware » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:13 pm

patfeeney wrote: Went over the past 8 tests from 170, to 166, to 166, to 168, to four 164s in a row.
No solid average, only scoring between 167 and 170 for four or five weeks.

Today's score isn't burnout. I haven't even looked at an LSAT problem in 3 days.
=(

Could it be stress? Or did you progress from the high 50s to the 60s? The 60s are definitely harder, and virtually everyone sees a few point drop from the "transition".

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:20 pm

wtrcoins3 wrote:I think tonight before bed I'll do PT 40 LG, the one with Zephyr Airlines. I actually only did that twice and never really mastered it- never saw a video explanation either. Thinking even if I struggle with it, I'll watch an explanation and then do it again. Then do a PT tomorrow and maybe another of RC, LG, and LR from a recent test, wind down early, then relax and have a LSAT-free Sunday (maybeee review old PT's but not actually do any drilling or anything).

What is everyone else planning on doing the next day or two?
I just took 63, which is a retake, and finished each section in less than 28 minutes or less. I'm not grading any PTs anymore, just reviewing all of my answers to make sure I'm positive I selected an answer conforming to the question stem, and making sure I had a good reason for all of my answers.

Anyone know of any PTs/sections from 40 upwards I should do? I've already done everything once, and I've basically done each PT in the sixties twice, so there's that.

patfeeney

Bronze

Post by patfeeney » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:27 pm

magickware wrote:
patfeeney wrote: Went over the past 8 tests from 170, to 166, to 166, to 168, to four 164s in a row.
No solid average, only scoring between 167 and 170 for four or five weeks.

Today's score isn't burnout. I haven't even looked at an LSAT problem in 3 days.
=(

Could it be stress? Or did you progress from the high 50s to the 60s? The 60s are definitely harder, and virtually everyone sees a few point drop from the "transition".
Yep, I've been working in order through the 10 New book. My last three 164s were from tests 65, 67, and 68.

isuperserial

Silver

Post by isuperserial » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:44 pm

patfeeney wrote:
isuperserial wrote:
Not sure if sarcastic, or serial.
I am super serial. I'm sorry dawg, and I wish you all the best. I might be seeing you on the October thread too. I've been getting 171-169. If I get a 169, I'm retaking. If I get a 170, I'm happy. If I get a 171, I'm fucking psyched. If I get higher than that, the world will not be able to contain the Gatsby-like party I'm throwing.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:52 pm

isuperserial wrote:
patfeeney wrote:
isuperserial wrote:
I am super serial. I'm sorry dawg, and I wish you all the best. I might be seeing you on the October thread too. I've been getting 171-169. If I get a 169, I'm retaking. If I get a 170, I'm happy. If I get a 171, I'm fucking psyched. If I get higher than that, the world will not be able to contain the Gatsby-like party I'm throwing.
If you score 172+, are we invited?
wtrcoins3 wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Three study days left! Less if you plan on taking the day before the test off. We're getting close!

Who's excited? :wink:
MLG, you aren't taking Sunday off?
Probably not completely. Will likely do a PT and/or a few sections and/or some drilling.

What are everyone's plans for Sunday?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

isuperserial

Silver

Post by isuperserial » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:59 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
isuperserial wrote:
patfeeney wrote:
isuperserial wrote:
Hell yeah.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:00 pm

Probably not completely. Will likely do a PT and/or a few sections and/or some drilling.

The same. Probably do PT 67, review, and drill LGs the rest of the way.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:05 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:

The same. Probably do PT 67, review, and drill LGs the rest of the way.
Same, except it'll be 68.

mvonh001

Silver

Post by mvonh001 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:07 pm

isuperserial wrote:
patfeeney wrote:
isuperserial wrote:
wtrcoins3 wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Three study days left! Less if you plan on taking the day before the test off. We're getting close!

Who's excited? :wink:
MLG, you aren't taking Sunday off?

I'm going to redo PT 68 untimed, slowly working through each question and redoing past PT sections of LG that gave me problems (any games that i didnt go -0 in the allotted time). I will be doing my last fresh PT tomorrow, 66, so hopefully it sends me into the weekends feeling confident.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:07 pm

wtrcoins3 wrote:I think tonight before bed I'll do PT 40 LG, the one with Zephyr Airlines. I actually only did that twice and never really mastered it- never saw a video explanation either. Thinking even if I struggle with it, I'll watch an explanation and then do it again. Then do a PT tomorrow and maybe another of RC, LG, and LR from a recent test, wind down early, then relax and have a LSAT-free Sunday (maybeee review old PT's but not actually do any drilling or anything).

What is everyone else planning on doing the next day or two?
Today, I think I'll redo a few LGs from the 50s I haven't gone over in a while, and maybe do an RC passage or two. Tomorrow, I'll take Preptest A and review. Sunday, I'll do some light review early, take the mid-afternoon and night off, and get to bed after Game 5 of the Penguins/Bruins series (hopefully necessary). Wake up kinda early on Monday, bring a few easy questions to take right before the test, and then crush PT 69.

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:14 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:What are everyone's plans for Sunday?
Literally nothing. I'll probably go see a movie, workout/jog, get some drinks somewhere and enjoy the beautiful weather.

okaygo

Silver

Post by okaygo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:18 pm

On my break for PT 67 and y'all I am KILLING it. Drilling LR yesterday did WONDERS. Just the confidence booster I needed for PT 69.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:36 pm

okaygo wrote:On my break for PT 67 and y'all I am KILLING it. Drilling LR yesterday did WONDERS. Just the confidence booster I needed for PT 69.
That is so great.

New goal: be as confident as Okaygo is now by 12:30 PM Monday.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mvonh001

Silver

Post by mvonh001 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:01 pm

What is everyone doing the morning of? Just reviewing a past PT, and doing problems? But which problems should I be doing? Ones that I got right the first time? But won't that not help anything lol especially if I remember them? But i take it i shouldnt do a new section of anything the morning of for fear of confidence killing, am i right about that at least?

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:10 pm

mvonh001 wrote:What is everyone doing the morning of? Just reviewing a past PT, and doing problems? But which problems should I be doing? Ones that I got right the first time? But won't that not help anything lol especially if I remember them? But i take it i shouldnt do a new section of anything the morning of for fear of confidence killing, am i right about that at least?
I'm just going over 1 or two easy games, and 5-10 easy LRs just to get in the mindset. I won't check answers or use any fresh materials.

On a side note, I'm freaking out a little because, going over the harder games in the 60s a 2nd/3rd time, it's still taking a significant amount of time. I think it is very bad for me to practice individual games because of the time pressures I keep putting on myself.

mvonh001

Silver

Post by mvonh001 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:14 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:What is everyone doing the morning of? Just reviewing a past PT, and doing problems? But which problems should I be doing? Ones that I got right the first time? But won't that not help anything lol especially if I remember them? But i take it i shouldnt do a new section of anything the morning of for fear of confidence killing, am i right about that at least?
I'm just going over 1 or two easy games, and 5-10 easy LRs just to get in the mindset. I won't check answers or use any fresh materials.

On a side note, I'm freaking out a little because, going over the harder games in the 60s a 2nd/3rd time, it's still taking a significant amount of time. I think it is very bad for me to practice individual games because of the time pressures I keep putting on myself.

Ya, I'm redoing all of the games from pts 60-68 right now and If i was doing each game individually i wold kill myself, but since im doing them as the sections were created a 15 minutes game is usually accompanied by 2 3-4 minute games.

isuperserial

Silver

Post by isuperserial » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:38 pm

I'm going to this organic local breakfast place and having two eggs and sausage, with a glass of orange juice. Then I'm walking over to a coffee shop and doing a section of logic games and like 10 LR while I have some espresso and listen to Michael Buble. Then I'm heading over to the testing location.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mvonh001

Silver

Post by mvonh001 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:51 pm

isuperserial wrote:
I'm going to this organic local breakfast place and having two eggs and sausage, with a glass of orange juice. Then I'm walking over to a coffee shop and doing a section of logic games and like 10 LR while I have some espresso and listen to Michael Buble. Then I'm heading over to the testing location.
When i first starting reading about you going to a "coffee shop" i assumed some trendy coffee shop, but Buble? C'mon now, call it like it is... Starbucks. lol

I'm actually embarrassed that i know this, but i vaguely remember seeing his cd for sale in the last Starbucks i went into.

okaygo

Silver

Post by okaygo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:56 pm

mvonh001 wrote:
isuperserial wrote:
When i first starting reading about you going to a "coffee shop" i assumed some trendy coffee shop, but Buble? C'mon now, call it like it is... Starbucks. lol

I'm actually embarrassed that i know this, but i vaguely remember seeing his cd for sale in the last Starbucks i went into.
But you're assuming that the only way that he/she could be listening to music is through the sound system of the coffee shop. Could be via iPod.

mvonh001

Silver

Post by mvonh001 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:58 pm

okaygo wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:
isuperserial wrote:

But you're assuming that the only way that he/she could be listening to music is through the sound system of the coffee shop. Could be via iPod.
NOBODY is listening to Buble by choice. I don't care who you are, there are better alternatives to him for most every occasion.

MKX

Bronze

Post by MKX » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:12 pm

Doing a full PT tomorrow and hope for the best. Sunday I'll do untimed stuff but try to do it quickly. Sunday I'll try to clear my mind for the most part with Heat/Spurs, Mad Men, and Game of Thrones.

The stained glass game was rather annoying, but wasn't too bad. The meeting one annoyed me more. Probably didn't help my grandma started trying to have a conversation while I was mid game...

Anyways only had time for 2 sections so did Sec 2 (LR1) and LG. -6 on LR and -1 on LG (was a matter of transfering the answer wrong so I guess that's good at least but I will still count it wrong). How I missed 3 out of the first 10 questions on LR is beyond me...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

okaygo

Silver

Post by okaygo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:16 pm

I really wish I was as good at LG as everyone else on these forums.

The-Specs

Silver

Post by The-Specs » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:19 pm

mvonh001 wrote: NOBODY is listening to Buble by choice. I don't care who you are, there are better alternatives to him for most every occasion.
I actually quite enjoy Michael Buble have been known, at times, to listen to him by choice.

MKX

Bronze

Post by MKX » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:20 pm

okaygo wrote:I really wish I was as good at LG as everyone else on these forums.
I wish I was as good at LR as others are.

The-Specs

Silver

Post by The-Specs » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:22 pm

MKX wrote:
okaygo wrote:I really wish I was as good at LG as everyone else on these forums.
I wish I was as good at LR as others are.
I wish I was superman...or at least brilliant...not that those two are related in anyway.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”