Becoming an LSAT tutor Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
GDC91

New

Becoming an LSAT tutor

Post by GDC91 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:51 am

I'm a 3.62 (it'll be higher by the end of the semester) / 172 LSAT (99th Percentile) Honors student at Miami Ohio (originally from Boston).

I'll be graduating a semester early this December and am planning on starting 1L in the Fall of 2014. Until that time though, I'm hoping to find something to do. I read the previous thread on the topic ( http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&start=25 ) but saw that it was a bit out of date.

As such, can anyone provide insight into the process of becoming an LSAT tutor / teacher? If it helps I'm in my second year of volunteering with Adopt-A-School.

Thanks!

GDC91

New

Re: Becoming an LSAT tutor

Post by GDC91 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:33 pm

?

PickledPanda

Bronze

Post by PickledPanda » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:39 pm

GDC91 wrote:I'm a 3.62 (it'll be higher by the end of the semester) / 172 LSAT (99th Percentile) Honors student at Miami Ohio (originally from Boston).

I'll be graduating a semester early this December and am planning on starting 1L in the Fall of 2014. Until that time though, I'm hoping to find something to do. I read the previous thread on the topic ( http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&start=25 ) but saw that it was a bit out of date.

As such, can anyone provide insight into the process of becoming an LSAT tutor / teacher? If it helps I'm in my second year of volunteering with Adopt-A-School.

Thanks!
Just because you scored in the 99th percentile and you need something to do doesn't mean you should become an LSAT tutor. If you know you enjoy teaching and feel motivated to help others in their journey to obtaining a better LSAT score then you should consider teaching. Fixed.
Last edited by PickledPanda on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GDC91

New

Post by GDC91 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:45 pm

I posted this a week ago, not an hour ago.
With that in mind, the questions you raised are all fair and should be answered. Yes, I definitely have an interest in teaching and tutoring. Although I have no experience beyond tutoring local high schoolers, I've always enjoyed helping my buddies with their work and I'm applying for a bunch of education-related employment opportunities.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”