Manhattan LSAT study help... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
mvonh001

Silver

Manhattan LSAT study help...

Post by mvonh001 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:22 pm

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering what the best method for studying would be using the manhattan lsat logic games/logical reasoning/reading comprehension books. They dont group the problems into the same categories as many of the websites have listed them so its hard for me to pick ones to practice on for logic games. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also here is my tentative study outline for the next months, I figured i would read the entire book then do logic games sections of old prep tests(1 or 2 every other day). Then the next month i would do the same with the logical reasoning book, then finally my third month, i would do the same with the reading comprehension book. Then the last 2 weeks before my exam (february) i will do full length practice tests, probably at a rate of 1 or 2 every other day plus any extra sections i feel i need some assistance on.

Any suggestions? I know i didn't get so specific in my studying outline, but that is because i havent really devised a specific plan yet. I just wanted to follow pithypike's guide but his guide uses powerscore bible and the equivalent problems that coincide with the chapters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as i took the june lsat but got sick and had to schedule again for february, and dont want to fcuk this one up.

thanks again

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Re: Manhattan LSAT study help...

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:32 pm

we can give you a self-study syllabus to follow (it's actually included in the online access that the book gives you). pm me your e-mail address.

griffin.811

Bronze

Re: Manhattan LSAT study help...

Post by griffin.811 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:34 pm

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:we can give you a self-study syllabus to follow (it's actually included in the online access that the book gives you). pm me your e-mail address.
Funny, I missed the online study guide too. I remember when I was first starting out I had almost an identical plan. I wanted to follow Pithypike's guide but also found it difficult to compare Manhattan's classifications to those used by powerscore etc. With regard to classifications, after about a week or so, you should begin to see how the classes are similar and begin to match the Manhattan classes with the Powerscore ones used in pike's guide. I think as you work your way through the books (which have been very helpful) you'll "get it"

Also I mentioned I had the same type of plan as you, the reason I switched back to the pike plan was this: the idea of focusing on one topic sounds good initially but you run the risk of forgetting some of the more specic nuances you've picked up on (they start to become apparent after seeing many questions) earlier in your prep. I recommend breaking your study time up each day, maybe focus on LG and RC MWF then TTS focus on LR and RC. This allows you to stay fresh on each topic.

Finally, I'd definitely suggest giving yourself more than 2 weeks for full prep test, and before doing full sections for drilling, I'd reccomend drilling specific game/LR types until you are confident. If you start with the method you suggest you will find yourself wasting a lot of time at the start of questions trying to determine which type of game/LR question you are working on so you know which game board to use or which LR rules to apply (at least I did).

I'm no expert, and still very far from my goal, but just wanted to share my experiences with you, hoping they will save you valuable time. Other more veteran preparers may have some better ideas, but this has been working for me so far.

Just curious, are you looking to take the Feb. exam?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”