Prep15; section2; #4 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
soyeonjeon

New

Prep15; section2; #4

Post by soyeonjeon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:14 pm

What does "so affected" mean? Who would it refer to? Does it refer to the some people whise blood pressure lowered while petting? Or all people , even thode not included in the experiment? I spot two errors here; one is the jump from. pet---> owning. The other is the jump from some -> all. But second one im not so sure until i figure out what "any one of the ppl so affected" refers to.
Whats the error in this one? And what does the phrase mean?
Can someone help me out? Thanks.

boblawlob

Silver

Re: Prep15; section2; #4

Post by boblawlob » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:28 pm

soyeonjeon wrote:What does "so affected" mean? Who would it refer to? Does it refer to the some people whise blood pressure lowered while petting? Or all people , even thode not included in the experiment? I spot two errors here; one is the jump from. pet---> owning. The other is the jump from some -> all. But second one im not so sure until i figure out what "any one of the ppl so affected" refers to.
Whats the error in this one? And what does the phrase mean?
Can someone help me out? Thanks.
"For any one of the people so affected" is referring to some of the people whose blood pressure lowered while petting.

Premise: Some people have their blood pressure lowered when they pet animals.
Conclusion: So If they (the some people who have their blood pressure lowered when they pet animals) own a pet, the result will be that their blood pressure will be low.

Flaw: Mistaken Correlation for Causation.

Only D fits that mold.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”