February 2013 LSAT Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LSAT Blog

Silver

February 2013 LSAT Study Group

Post by LSAT Blog » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:17 pm

Since the February LSAT will be here before we know it, I figured it'd be good to start a thread for folks specifically preparing for this test to meet, offer advice, motivate each other, discuss study plans and strategies, etc.

If you're taking the February LSAT, keep everyone posted on your progress and find study partners here!

I'll chime in from time to time to offer study advice, tips, answer questions, etc.

lsatkid007

Bronze

Re: February 2013 LSAT Study Group

Post by lsatkid007 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Hey LSAT B
Let me kick off it out by asking you a question. In your LG videos (in & out games) I have notice you use a doted arrows. Why is that ---->

Thank you

fratstar

New

Post by fratstar » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:30 pm

keep pushing it off, hopefully I'll write it in February

shoe_gasm

New

Post by shoe_gasm » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Started studying last week for February test. Aiming for 170+

kky215

New

Post by kky215 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:38 am

Count me in. Feb 2013 first shot, June 2013 second shot for 2014JD

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

d0rklord

Bronze

Post by d0rklord » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:17 am

Checking in, since I think I'll take December and retake in Feb...

Are any of you applying for this cycle? or everyone for 2014?

:)

2x2Matrix

Bronze

Post by 2x2Matrix » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:41 am

Checking in.

Wrote Oct 2012 and cancelled. Kind of just wanted to write it. Aiming for 172+ in Feb. Applying next cycle.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:53 pm

lsatkid007 wrote:Hey LSAT B
Let me kick off it out by asking you a question. In your LG videos (in & out games) I have notice you use a doted arrows. Why is that ---->

Thank you
I use dotted arrows to represent rules where "or" appears in the necessary condition of a conditional statement. Hope this helps!

shoe_gasm

New

Post by shoe_gasm » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:02 am

d0rklord wrote:Checking in, since I think I'll take December and retake in Feb...

2014 here :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BlueJeanBaby

Silver

Post by BlueJeanBaby » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:18 am

Here for a retake in February 2013. Was shooting for December but my PT scores aren't in a good place. Did anyone else already submit applications this cycle?

d0rklord

Bronze

Post by d0rklord » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:11 pm

BlueJeanBaby wrote:Here for a retake in February 2013. Was shooting for December but my PT scores aren't in a good place. Did anyone else already submit applications this cycle?
I'm planning to take Dec (hopefully) and submit my apps then re-take in Feb for scholly leverage...

BlueJeanBaby

Silver

Post by BlueJeanBaby » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:56 pm

d0rklord wrote:
BlueJeanBaby wrote:Here for a retake in February 2013. Was shooting for December but my PT scores aren't in a good place. Did anyone else already submit applications this cycle?
I'm planning to take Dec (hopefully) and submit my apps then re-take in Feb for scholly leverage...
That is similar to what I am doing. I've submitted all of my applications already but hoping that February will be a game changer for $ or any waitlists.

scaldwe3

New

Post by scaldwe3 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:04 pm

I'm taking the Febrary 2013 LSAT. I just started hardcore studying a couple weeks ago even though I've been looking over the material on and off for a while. How is everyone going about studying? I'm doing self-prep with the Powerscore Bibles and a lot of practice tests. I'm going to start taking one a week every saturday starting this week until test day. Good luck everyone!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lebasy

New

Post by lebasy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:49 pm

I was going to do Oct 2012 but I realized I am not ready. I put it on for Dec. but that looks like a long shot to be real! I'm still scoring in the 150s. I'm lucky if I get it up to to 170 but starting November I'll be studying all day and night! Though, I don't know how I will fare with the holidays. I guess it's just some sacrifice eh?

If anybody wants to study partner PM me and want to have study sessions in LA - PM me as well.

d0rklord

Bronze

Post by d0rklord » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:52 pm

lebasy wrote:I was going to do Oct 2012 but I realized I am not ready. I put it on for Dec. but that looks like a long shot to be real! I'm still scoring in the 150s. I'm lucky if I get it up to to 170 but starting November I'll be studying all day and night! Though, I don't know how I will fare with the holidays. I guess it's just some sacrifice eh?

If anybody wants to study partner PM me and want to have study sessions in LA - PM me as well.
Where do you live in LA?

Are you applying this cycle?

lebasy

New

Post by lebasy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:18 pm

If I take the Feb LSAT the only school that'll take applications still is Yale. So, I don't think I will.

I love more on the North East LA going towards Glendale.

melodically

New

Post by melodically » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:55 pm

Last edited by melodically on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RoughRider

New

Post by RoughRider » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:29 pm

February will be second time around for me (last took it five years ago). Going to give this another shot. Just started LSAT Blog study plan and so far so good (I needed a detailed plan laid out for me due to my work/family schedule). Good luck everyone.

dopedoer

New

Post by dopedoer » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Starting Monday, I'll be studying nightly until test day.

Diagnostic: 156 (-15 LG)
Target: a modest 173

steel_shot

Bronze

Post by steel_shot » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:30 pm

shoe_gasm wrote:
d0rklord wrote:Checking in, since I think I'll take December and retake in Feb...

2014 here :D

kkilambi

New

Post by kkilambi » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:45 pm

I am planning to take June 2013 LSAT. But I would like to join you guys.

Since I am in a full-time job I would need to start a little early.

1>Motivation
My biggest issue is motivation . Sometimes I am totally motivated but sometime I simply lag behind.
I assume there might people around here facing the same problem. I'll have to tackle this issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated

2>Logic games and logical reasoning
I've learnt it the hard way that -- more than trying to solve the problem what is important is applying the concepts you've learnt. Once you are at ease with the concept and its application, you can modify it according to your requirement.

3>Reading Comprehension
I have no idea what to do with it guys. I am trying to read a few articles here and there but what kind of an impact it would have. I know I miss questions and I have to find a way get them correct.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cruxisfalcon

New

Post by cruxisfalcon » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:12 pm

How do you guys plan on studying? I scored fairly well, but below my PT range and I want to retake. Considering I've already gone through prep books etc, is there anything you guys recommend?

JDot

New

Post by JDot » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:51 pm

was PTing pretty high and absolutely bombed the oct. test to the point of not even wanting to take it again (still in disbelief how bad I did when I thought I was gonna do good), but I think I'm gonna man up, retake in feb. and roll the dice and still apply this cycle

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:27 am

167 In June, was going to retake in Oct but pushing it back to Feb.

I have apps out this cycle but will re-apply next cycle as well if I score higher.

griffin.811

Bronze

Post by griffin.811 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:57 am

kkilambi wrote:I am planning to take June 2013 LSAT. But I would like to join you guys.

Since I am in a full-time job I would need to start a little early.

1>Motivation
My biggest issue is motivation . Sometimes I am totally motivated but sometime I simply lag behind.
I assume there might people around here facing the same problem. I'll have to tackle this issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated

2>Logic games and logical reasoning
I've learnt it the hard way that -- more than trying to solve the problem what is important is applying the concepts you've learnt. Once you are at ease with the concept and its application, you can modify it according to your requirement.

3>Reading Comprehension
I have no idea what to do with it guys. I am trying to read a few articles here and there but what kind of an impact it would have. I know I miss questions and I have to find a way get them correct.
Definitely in the same boat as you. For motivation, check this site's forums for all the sucess stories just before leaving work. Hopefully that will empower you to put in 3-4 hours after work.
Also get into a routine and set up a schedule of what you will do! If you know that each day you will complete and review 3 old games and 2 new ones, drill (w/review) 15-25 LR questions and complete one RC, I think you will find you are more likely to study even on days you dont feel like it because its become a routine, and because you know there is an end in sight as opposed to just studying aimlessly.

For reading comp, I read something on this site (I think it was this site anyway) that has helped with confidence if nothing else. Try starting your prep by reading the passages and answers untimed. With the extra time you have, underline, circle star, or somehow mark the part of each pasage that led you to select the answer you did. I've also been writing in the margins what I thought at the time about that particular part that led me to think it was relevant to answer the question I used it for. Finally check your answers...twice! Once right after you've done the section, but an hour or two later (esp for the ones you got incorrect) go back to it. Look at the notes you made in the margin and to the parts of the passage that led you to select your answer. Do they still make sense!? If not, try again to link the passage to the correct answer. THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS IN THE PASSAGE! We just have to be find it!!

Again, this was someone else's idea, not mine. Just thought it may help!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”