December 2012 Re-takers Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
HawkeyeGirl

Bronze

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Post by HawkeyeGirl » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:45 pm

mrizza wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:
mrizza wrote:Just did PT 30... 178

very mixed emotions right now.

Edit: I did try Worm's strategy of summarizing every paragraph with a few words for my RC and only went -2 for RC... so thanks dude, seems to be helping a lot.
That's really great man, but just remember how easy the earlier RCs are compared to the newer ones. Not trying to burst your bubble, but I guess I sort of am lol.
Hey Hawk, the jerk store called...
But baby you light up my world like nobody else

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:48 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
mrizza wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:
mrizza wrote:Just did PT 30... 178

very mixed emotions right now.

Edit: I did try Worm's strategy of summarizing every paragraph with a few words for my RC and only went -2 for RC... so thanks dude, seems to be helping a lot.
That's really great man, but just remember how easy the earlier RCs are compared to the newer ones. Not trying to burst your bubble, but I guess I sort of am lol.
Hey Hawk, the jerk store called...
But baby you light up my world like nobody else
the 178 announcement was a warning shot for bitsy... bitch is going down

Sugar Lumps

Silver

Post by Sugar Lumps » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:21 pm

warandpeace wrote:Can I ask you guys who here was working full time? And in general, who spent less than 3 hours of prep a day? Just gathering info lol
I work between 50 and 55 hours per week. HALP.

GabeQuixote

Bronze

Post by GabeQuixote » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Sugar Lumps wrote:
warandpeace wrote:Can I ask you guys who here was working full time? And in general, who spent less than 3 hours of prep a day? Just gathering info lol
I work between 50 and 55 hours per week. HALP.
THIS

jackbauer10

Bronze

Post by jackbauer10 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:35 pm

Update: Post-it method seems to be working for RC. Obviously I'm not timing, but I'm trying to work as efficiently as possible. The question is, how long do I drill this for and where do I go from here?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chadbrochill

Bronze

Post by chadbrochill » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Retook PT59 this morning,
LG:-1
LR:-2
RC:-5
Scaled Score: 173 (dat curve 8) )

I actually learned a lot today, I took this at a semi-noisy Barnes & Nobles and really felt the test getting away from me. Really hard to absorb the words, everything felt really sluggish. This kinda describes the symptoms of my anxiety on test-day and I feel if I can overcome this, I can block out my anxiety on the real thing. My focus was definitely improving as the test went along and hopefully after a couple more of these, I'll have it down and start reaching my PT potential.

Big breakthrough and a big thanks to Noodles for the tip. Can't wait to break this test down with you guys tomorrow night.
Last edited by chadbrochill on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GabeQuixote

Bronze

Post by GabeQuixote » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:43 pm

chadbrochill wrote:Took PT59 this morning,

I actually learned a lot today, I took this at a semi-noisy Barnes & Nobles and really felt the test getting away from me. Really hard to absorb the words, everything felt really sluggish. This kinda describes the symptoms of my anxiety on test-day and I feel if I can overcome this, I can block out my anxiety on the real thing. My focus was definitely improving as the test went along and hopefully after a couple more of these, I'll have it down and start reaching my PT potential.

Big breakthrough and a big thanks to Noodles for the tip. Can't wait to break this test down with you guys tomorrow night.
What tip?

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:45 pm

chadbrochill wrote:Retook PT59 this morning,

That's awesome dude, congrats

chadbrochill

Bronze

Post by chadbrochill » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:46 pm

GabeQuixote wrote:
chadbrochill wrote:Took PT59 this morning,

What tip?
To test in many environments...noisy, tired, hungover, whatever. The point is to make the test a routine and not a "big event". I used to always wait for perfect conditions to maximize my score, but in the end this is only cheating myself. I wanna go into the real test knowing I don't need the stars to align because I've dealt with way worse conditions.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

enidwexler

Bronze

Post by enidwexler » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:53 pm

chadbrochill wrote:The point is to make the test a routine and not a "big event". I used to always wait for perfect conditions to maximize my score, but in the end this is only cheating myself. I wanna go into the real test knowing I don't need the stars to align because I've dealt with way worse conditions.
Never really cared much for the "test in different environments" tip, but the way you just put it makes SO much sense - especially for me (dealing with confidence issues). Thanks for that.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Wormfather wrote:What time are we doing the review?

VeeD101

Bronze

Post by VeeD101 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:02 pm

Just printed Cambridge LSAT RC and LR questions and the 10 tests I plan to re-take. Ordered Manhattan RC. I am now ready to do this!

Good Luck all!

chadbrochill

Bronze

Post by chadbrochill » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:14 pm

enidwexler wrote:
chadbrochill wrote:The point is to make the test a routine and not a "big event". I used to always wait for perfect conditions to maximize my score, but in the end this is only cheating myself. I wanna go into the real test knowing I don't need the stars to align because I've dealt with way worse conditions.
Never really cared much for the "test in different environments" tip, but the way you just put it makes SO much sense - especially for me (dealing with confidence issues). Thanks for that.
No prob, glad you found it useful!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

annet

Bronze

Post by annet » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:26 pm

jackbauer10 wrote:Update: Post-it method seems to be working for RC. Obviously I'm not timing, but I'm trying to work as efficiently as possible. The question is, how long do I drill this for and where do I go from here?
I want to say as part of the Velocity course you're supposed to do 3 or 4 full sections like that. I think I may have done 3 spread out over some other drilling.

Edit, missed the second part of the question. I went straight from there into full, time sections (or passages of I was really short on time).

Psib337

Bronze

Post by Psib337 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Did 16 RC passages today, no timer or anything I wanted to see how I did when I just slowed down and took my time, turned out pretty well I went -2 on 2, - 1 on 5, and was perfect for the other 9. My Manhattan books haven't come yet :cry: so hopefully I'll get a chance to drill LR and LG tomorrow, not taking a PT until Thursday I kinda wanted to go over everything again slowly before I jumped back into testing.

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:03 pm

Psib337 wrote:Did 16 RC passages today, no timer or anything I wanted to see how I did when I just slowed down and took my time, turned out pretty well I went -2 on 2, - 1 on 5, and was perfect for the other 9. My Manhattan books haven't come yet :cry: so hopefully I'll get a chance to drill LR and LG tomorrow, not taking a PT until Thursday I kinda wanted to go over everything again slowly before I jumped back into testing.
-0 on 9 passages is really great.

jackbauer10

Bronze

Post by jackbauer10 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:05 pm

gguuueessttt wrote:
Psib337 wrote:Did 16 RC passages today, no timer or anything I wanted to see how I did when I just slowed down and took my time, turned out pretty well I went -2 on 2, - 1 on 5, and was perfect for the other 9. My Manhattan books haven't come yet :cry: so hopefully I'll get a chance to drill LR and LG tomorrow, not taking a PT until Thursday I kinda wanted to go over everything again slowly before I jumped back into testing.
-0 on 9 passages is really great.
agreed! i did this (with post-its) and went -1 on 8 passages! good work guys :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

HawkeyeGirl

Bronze

Post by HawkeyeGirl » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:11 pm

Just did PT 51....176...pissed off..

LR1: -0
RC: -2
LR2: -3

Why couldn't I have done this on test day?? So Riz doesn't yell at me, this is one of the "easier" RC tests, so that may have something to do with it.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Well damn lol..all you did was slow it down? How much over the 35 minute mark did you go? (assuming you checked after)
Last edited by CardozoLaw09 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HawkeyeGirl

Bronze

Post by HawkeyeGirl » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:37 pm

Wormfather wrote:Remember guys save a fresh PT for the last week. You'll need it so that you have something fresh and so that you can confirm your progress.
But Worm, I think there's a noticeable difference in difficulty on PTs 60+(esp in RC), so is it really worth it to save a random one in the 40s for the week before? I took 51 today and I know I'd taken it before but have no idea when, and while the topics were vaguely familiar, I definitely felt like it was fresh.

Lenahan3

Bronze

Post by Lenahan3 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:39 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
Wormfather wrote:Remember guys save a fresh PT for the last week. You'll need it so that you have something fresh and so that you can confirm your progress.
But Worm, I think there's a noticeable difference in difficulty on PTs 60+(esp in RC), so is it really worth it to save a random one in the 40s for the week before? I took 51 today and I know I'd taken it before but have no idea when, and while the topics were vaguely familiar, I definitely felt like it was fresh.
I didn't note a definitive difficulty change from the 50's to the 60's. My scores remained fairly constant.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

HawkeyeGirl

Bronze

Post by HawkeyeGirl » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:
I didn't note a definitive difficulty change from the 50's to the 60's. My scores remained fairly constant.
I thought RC got considerably harder in the upper 50s+...But I'm bad at RC as a whole, so I'm not sure.

Edit: I should say the questions got harder. I don't think the passages are any harder to read, but I think the questions and ACs are a lot more ambiguous and nuanced in later tests.

HawkeyeGirl

Bronze

Post by HawkeyeGirl » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:58 pm

Wormfather wrote:Also, I felt a great disturbance in the force...and then I saw that our thread was locked.
Hahahaha Worm!! You've finally come around to our nerdy Star Wars humor, even though you thought episode 2 was good!

jackbauer10

Bronze

Post by jackbauer10 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:58 am

Tonight I realized that my confidence in LG is totally shaken. I was a victim of Zones and now it seems like it's an ex-girlfriend haunting my nightmares and refusing to give me back my favorite sweatshirt. Games used to be my strongest section by far, (and dare I say most enjoyable?) and now I'm struggling with the ones I used to blow through. Should I chalk this up to being rusty? HALP!

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:08 am

jackbauer10 wrote:Tonight I realized that my confidence in LG is totally shaken. I was a victim of Zones and now it seems like it's an ex-girlfriend haunting my nightmares and refusing to give me back my favorite sweatshirt. Games used to be my strongest section by far, (and dare I say most enjoyable?) and now I'm struggling with the ones I used to blow through. Should I chalk this up to being rusty? HALP!
absolutely chalk it up to rust. do a bunch of practices, get your -0s, and regain your confidence. my "cold" PT after i decided to retake was a 170, and i was definitely nervous about how i was going to perform. did some drilling on some sections earlier today, then did another fresh PT and got a 178 today. confidence plays a huge factor, but its easily obtained. just do your drills and you'll get it back.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”