December 2012 Re-takers Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Cobretti

Gold

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Post by Cobretti » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:09 pm

chadbrochill wrote:
PickledPanda wrote:
mrizza wrote:
seksy, you're almost full power... you'll defeat Rita in no time Tommy

I'm starting to feel a lot better about RC from my more meaningful drilling i've been doing too. Slowing down and writing out actual notes instead of just mindlessly underlining stuff really seems to be making a huge difference. I'm also writing down the actual line that has the justification for my answer next to it, unless its a more general question of course.

But Lord Zed is going to get in the way :(
+1

boblawlob

Silver

Post by boblawlob » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:16 pm

Anyone not have any fresh PTs? I got none. :(

Sugar Lumps

Silver

Post by Sugar Lumps » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:39 pm

I got through one section of PT55 today while at work.

Yaaaaaaay.

HawkeyeGirl

Bronze

Post by HawkeyeGirl » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:41 pm

Lol just got an email from Harvard women's law association. They must be worried about yield this year

annet

Bronze

Post by annet » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:42 pm

aiaea wrote:Just got an email from Harvard's Black Law Students Association, who claim they got my name through CRS. They must've sent it for the lulz :D

ETA: Was certainly nice to get an email with "HARVARD LAW SCHOOL" in the subject line though haha
Lols, ditto, but for the ladies; Women's Law Association for me. I just jumped on TLS to see if the emailed every single person who had signed up for CRS this cycle.

But, still, Harvard in my inbox!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HawkeyeGirl

Bronze

Post by HawkeyeGirl » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:00 pm

annet wrote:
aiaea wrote:Just got an email from Harvard's Black Law Students Association, who claim they got my name through CRS. They must've sent it for the lulz :D

Just got another one! Generic this time

ETA: Was certainly nice to get an email with "HARVARD LAW SCHOOL" in the subject line though haha
Lols, ditto, but for the ladies; Women's Law Association for me. I just jumped on TLS to see if the emailed every single person who had signed up for CRS this cycle.

Phone/quote fail... Got another generic one just now. 2 in one day seems a lil desperate hahhhvard

AKsnow

Bronze

Post by AKsnow » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:04 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
annet wrote:

Just got another one! Generic this time

Phone/quote fail... Got another generic one just now. 2 in one day seems a lil desperate hahhhvard
I lol'd in a dead silent library when they showed up in my inbox....

bananapudding88

Bronze

Post by bananapudding88 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:08 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:Phone/quote fail... Got another generic one just now. 2 in one day seems a lil desperate hahhhvard
Haha yeah I got two, too... WTF Harvard, stop spamming me!!

On a related note, go visit the Harvard applicants thread for lot o' laughs!! Seems they've pulled a Cooley :D

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:13 pm

boblawlob wrote:Anyone not have any fresh PTs? I got none. :(
Just re-do tests from a couple months ago. This is a good strategy anyway. Sometimes I even find it more helpful to re-do tests or questions than to do them for the first time. It reinforces good habits, lets you find trends in your mistakes (especially if you get the same questions wrong when you repeat it), and lets you see where you're improving. But I think it's always a good idea to learn strategies before doing a million LSATs.

That being said, doing 60+ LSATs doesn't help much if you don't figure out your weaknesses and drill those types of questions in the interim. If you've done every single PT in existence and still aren't hitting your goal, your issue at this point probably is not a lack of familiarity with the test. It's probably that you haven't drilled enough. So if I were you I'd probably pick out ~7-8 tests from a few months ago that you don't remember very well and do around 2 per week. Spend the rest of your time drilling the types of problems you have the most trouble with.
Last edited by gguuueessttt on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:14 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lenahan3

Bronze

Post by Lenahan3 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Is everybody else getting spammed by Harvard? I'd brag, but my paltry October score isn't enough for them to be interested in me at the moment. Maybe after December...haha.

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:32 pm

lol

A Harvard 1L just congradulated me for getting admitted into HLS.

wtf hhhaaavad, get ur shit together

Dear xxx,

Congratulations on your admission to Harvard Law School. You have been admitted to one of the most preeminent institutions of legal education and to be a part of an exciting and vibrant community. One year ago, I was in your shoes and I understand that considering law school can be a challenging and daunting experience. Fortunately, Harvard Law School has numerous affinity groups that provide students with resources and guidance to assist them in this process of transition.

APALSA (Asian Pacific American Law Students Association) is a political, academic

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chem!

Platinum

Post by chem! » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:33 pm

rebexness wrote:I got a W&M fee waiver today, but no Haaahvaad.
I've actually been surprised by some of the fee waivers I've gotten. I don't get it. Not T14, though. :lol:

Lenahan3

Bronze

Post by Lenahan3 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Whatev. The T-14 schools will absolutely RUE the day they ignore me.

I couldn't pass up a chance to use that word. It's so good.

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:34 pm

sinfiery wrote:lol

A Harvard 1L just congradulated me for getting admitted into HLS.

wtf hhhaaavad, get ur shit together

Dear xxx,

Congratulations on your admission to Harvard Law School. You have been admitted to one of the most preeminent institutions of legal education and to be a part of an exciting and vibrant community. One year ago, I was in your shoes and I understand that considering law school can be a challenging and daunting experience. Fortunately, Harvard Law School has numerous affinity groups that provide students with resources and guidance to assist them in this process of transition.

APALSA (Asian Pacific American Law Students Association) is a political, academic
Maybe they know something you don't!

Lenahan3

Bronze

Post by Lenahan3 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:36 pm

I qualified for a $30,000 scholarship at Phoenix Law, in case anybody decided to be jealous.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

VeeD101

Bronze

Post by VeeD101 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:I qualified for a $30,000 scholarship at Phoenix Law, in case anybody decided to be jealous.
haha me too. Though Harvard's 'we are interested in you, please apply' email made up for it :p. Does Harvard give out fee waivers? A waiver was definitely not included in mine.

Lenahan3

Bronze

Post by Lenahan3 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:45 pm

VeeD101 wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:I qualified for a $30,000 scholarship at Phoenix Law, in case anybody decided to be jealous.
haha me too. Though Harvard's 'we are interested in you, please apply' email made up for it :p. Does Harvard give out fee waivers? A waiver was definitely not included in mine.
Haha, mine either. Would have been pretty sick if there was one and we got it though, considering everybody in this thread had a relatively disappointing score.

VeeD101

Bronze

Post by VeeD101 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:50 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:
VeeD101 wrote:
Haha, mine either. Would have been pretty sick if there was one and we got it though, considering everybody in this thread had a relatively disappointing score.
Yep. This is the sort of stuff that motivates me to keep at it. Gotta love Phoenix law though haha.

GabeQuixote

Bronze

Post by GabeQuixote » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:06 pm

I haven't gotten a damn thing all day.

Back in January I got: Columbia, William & Mary, Iowa, Cardozo, Penn State, Minnesota, Indiana --

WTF??

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:10 pm

I don't think any of HYS give merit based fee waivers. LSAC fee waivers and need-based fee waivers are the only ones I think.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:14 pm

VeeD101 wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:
VeeD101 wrote:
Yep. This is the sort of stuff that motivates me to keep at it. Gotta love Phoenix law though haha.
Told Candy to back off. You gotta give her credit for her persistence though

desiballa21

Bronze

Post by desiballa21 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:16 pm

Finally got around to drilling a little and did some LG sections from late 20s and mid 30s and Velocity's method really isn't great for games that don't fit the traditional mold. No wonder I freaked on zones. Going to have to work on those type of games.

Sugar Lumps

Silver

Post by Sugar Lumps » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:21 pm

I got...UC Hastings?

Yaaaay.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”