December 2012 Re-takers Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
rebexness

Gold

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Post by rebexness » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:47 am

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:48 am

I have to write a 10-12 page paper for tomorrow morning about my life analyzed through a Freudian lens. Not pleased.

Also, Eli Manning all the way.

PickledPanda

Bronze

Post by PickledPanda » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:54 am

rebexness wrote:
True, but Peyton made the excellent decision to play for my favorite team, so I have to 'rep him.
I'm cheering on the Broncos in the AFC all the way this season. I would love to see Peyton, one of the best all time QBs, bounce back in the biggest way possible.

Nice taste Bex. Nice taste.

HawkeyeGirl

Bronze

Post by HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:17 am

Alorain wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, the breakdown of this race's favorites is as follows:

Bitsy and Mrizza have the pedigree. They both scored 170 or above on the real deal last time around, proving they can come through when it counts. Bitsy has the edge in this instance with her higher score.

Lena has mad raw potential, popping out high 170's and 180's like a sweat-shop assembly line. He is easily a favorite in this race as well due to his unnerving degree of natural aptitude. But, there are concerns with his game-day performance. His party has stressed that this issue has been addressed, but only time will tell for certain. His score history prevents us from calling him the outright favorite.

Chad is a dark horse pick. He has busted off some legit PT scores recently, and seems to be peaking at the right time. He has put in oodles of effort, and no one can fault him for not preparing like a champion. Plus he is Asian, so he is inherently smarter than the rest of us; trust me, i'm an authority on this.

U4E2 is a solid pick. She has demonstrated the ability to murder her PTs, but there have been recent concerns raised in her camp about her emotional stability in the lead-up to the big day. Clearly an issue of (misplaced) shaken confidence. She might be a late withdrawal from the race. Only time will tell.

Pretenders to the Throne:

Panda, Alorain, Worm, Ened, Hawk, and the rest:

This group has shown flashes of brilliance, but either too little can be inferred about their capabilities (Panda), or their recent PTs have not been as dominating as the 4 highlighted favorites referenced above. An upset by one of these contestants is possible, but unlikely.
Awesome. I'm likely to cancel though. I did the RC section from 65 and went -7 tonight at work. I just don't think I've had enough quality studying time to make it happen. I knew I bombed RC though, had 5/7 questions I missed circled and didn't have enough time to go back and look at them. I'm gonna do 66 tomorrow morning at 8AM to see where I'm at in a quiet environment not being interrupted by work all the fucking time.

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:23 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
Alorain wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, the breakdown of this race's favorites is as follows:

Bitsy and Mrizza have the pedigree. They both scored 170 or above on the real deal last time around, proving they can come through when it counts. Bitsy has the edge in this instance with her higher score.

Lena has mad raw potential, popping out high 170's and 180's like a sweat-shop assembly line. He is easily a favorite in this race as well due to his unnerving degree of natural aptitude. But, there are concerns with his game-day performance. His party has stressed that this issue has been addressed, but only time will tell for certain. His score history prevents us from calling him the outright favorite.

Chad is a dark horse pick. He has busted off some legit PT scores recently, and seems to be peaking at the right time. He has put in oodles of effort, and no one can fault him for not preparing like a champion. Plus he is Asian, so he is inherently smarter than the rest of us; trust me, i'm an authority on this.

U4E2 is a solid pick. She has demonstrated the ability to murder her PTs, but there have been recent concerns raised in her camp about her emotional stability in the lead-up to the big day. Clearly an issue of (misplaced) shaken confidence. She might be a late withdrawal from the race. Only time will tell.

Pretenders to the Throne:

Panda, Alorain, Worm, Ened, Hawk, and the rest:

This group has shown flashes of brilliance, but either too little can be inferred about their capabilities (Panda), or their recent PTs have not been as dominating as the 4 highlighted favorites referenced above. An upset by one of these contestants is possible, but unlikely.
Awesome. I'm likely to cancel though. I did the RC section from 65 and went -7 tonight at work. I just don't think I've had enough quality studying time to make it happen. I knew I bombed RC though, had 5/7 questions I missed circled and didn't have enough time to go back and look at them. I'm gonna do 66 tomorrow morning at 8AM to see where I'm at in a quiet environment not being interrupted by work all the fucking time.
Hopefully you'll feel better tomorrow. Definitely don't pull out before Friday night.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HawkeyeGirl

Bronze

Post by HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:29 am

gguuueessttt wrote: Hopefully you'll feel better tomorrow. Definitely don't pull out before Friday night.
Yeah unlike most of you, I really haven't done much over the past 2 weeks bc of work (half the time we've been studying). I'll probably take it, and if I think it went badly, I'll cancel the score. Idk, on the other hand, if it's a more than 10 curve, I really think I have a good chance at getting 170. I seem to be fairly consistent on LG and LR in terms of raw misses, with RC still clearly variable. So if I have a good RC day and a nice curve, I could do really well. I just need 1 fucking point....

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:31 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote: Hopefully you'll feel better tomorrow. Definitely don't pull out before Friday night.
Yeah unlike most of you, I really haven't done much over the past 2 weeks bc of work (half the time we've been studying). I'll probably take it, and if I think it went badly, I'll cancel the score. Idk, on the other hand, if it's a more than 10 curve, I really think I have a good chance at getting 170. I seem to be fairly consistent on LG and LR in terms of raw misses, with RC still clearly variable. So if I have a good RC day and a nice curve, I could do really well. I just need 1 fucking point....
Yeah I think that's a good idea. That's what I planned to do in Oct but when I came home and everyone else seemed to agree that the test was hard I decided not to cancel. Not the best decision in retrospect, especially since some of the schools I'm applying to average LSAT scores.

bitsy

Bronze

Post by bitsy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:03 am

retake jitters are spreading at an alarming rate. u4e2 identified as vector. who will they strike next??? take two doses of lena daily, or else it might be you.

zniha

New

Post by zniha » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:15 am

Hey Everyone,
Looking for some advice again I have taken PT'a 52, 57, 59, 60, 62, 66 and a couple others that I can't seem to find right now. I am trying to figure out which 2 that I havn't taken yet to take, If anyone has any good ideas on which to tackle that would be great.

Im sure it looks like I have not studied much but I have done a ton of drilling and not as much full tests. I am strongest in LG and do ok in LR, typically my downfall is in RC (Lately -8 to -10). If anyone knows of a tough LG with an easier RC that would be great and then maybe one the reverse of that. Just looking for a little more direction. My average has jumped so much since the October Test (over 10 points), and so many of you have helped me so much.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone the rest of the week.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:44 am

zniha wrote:Hey Everyone,
Looking for some advice again I have taken PT'a 52, 57, 59, 60, 62, 66 and a couple others that I can't seem to find right now. I am trying to figure out which 2 that I havn't taken yet to take, If anyone has any good ideas on which to tackle that would be great.

Im sure it looks like I have not studied much but I have done a ton of drilling and not as much full tests. I am strongest in LG and do ok in LR, typically my downfall is in RC (Lately -8 to -10). If anyone knows of a tough LG with an easier RC that would be great and then maybe one the reverse of that. Just looking for a little more direction. My average has jumped so much since the October Test (over 10 points), and so many of you have helped me so much.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone the rest of the week.
Do the most recent ones that you have

chadbrochill

Bronze

Post by chadbrochill » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:46 am

gguuueessttt wrote: chad you can't get lower than a 175 I'm betting on you.
Aw, thanks for the confidence everyone, I got motivated to do 2 more LG's tonight. :mrgreen:
Last edited by chadbrochill on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

PickledPanda

Bronze

Post by PickledPanda » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:48 am

bitsy wrote:retake jitters are spreading at an alarming rate. u4e2 identified as vector. who will they strike next??? take two doses of lena daily, or else it might be you.
Only thing u4e2 fears is dropping a 180 and making LSAC weep.

chadbrochill

Bronze

Post by chadbrochill » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:38 am

Hey I have a question for you LSAT-logic experts:

For necessary assumption questions, when doing a denial test: are "if" and "unless" negations of each other?

If you need context, I'm talking about 63.3.11.

TYIA

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:47 am

PickledPanda wrote:
bitsy wrote:retake jitters are spreading at an alarming rate. u4e2 identified as vector. who will they strike next??? take two doses of lena daily, or else it might be you.
Only thing u4e2 fears is dropping a 180 and making LSAC weep.
how did you know?

Alorain

Bronze

Post by Alorain » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:45 am

I lol'd.

Alorain

Bronze

Post by Alorain » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:54 am

GabeQuixote wrote:
Alorain wrote: and the rest:
Well The Professor on Gilligan's Island was originally dismissed as "The Rest".

Sugar Lumps and AKSnow are going to murder you.
Use your aggressive feelings boy. Let the hate flow through you! Good, good! The hate is swelling in you now. Use this snub to fuel your anger! Strike us down with it, give into your anger. Your hate has made you powerful. Now crush December and show us how mistaken we were for discounting you.

And Sugar and AKSnow love me. They aren't going to murder me.

Sugar Lumps

Silver

Post by Sugar Lumps » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:26 am

Alorain wrote:And Sugar and AKSnow love me. They aren't going to murder me.
Your beard is gone. My fucks have been lost.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Lenahan3

Bronze

Post by Lenahan3 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:29 am

Lulz. Whatever the outcome, I'd nominate Alorain as the funniest person in this thread. That, combined with the LSAT question he posted on my FB, made me giggle.

Alorain

Bronze

Post by Alorain » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:44 am

Sugar Lumps wrote:
Alorain wrote:And Sugar and AKSnow love me. They aren't going to murder me.
Your beard is gone. My fucks have been lost.
Playing hard to get? That's cool.

GabeQuixote

Bronze

Post by GabeQuixote » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:45 am

I wish I could use a Limit Break on Saturday's LSAT.

Seriously pondering February now. :?

Lenahan3

Bronze

Post by Lenahan3 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:49 am

GabeQuixote wrote:I wish I could use a Limit Break on Saturday's LSAT.

Seriously pondering February now. :?
You pull out some seriously off the wall shit sometimes...it's awesome. Final Fantasy VII FTW!!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Sugar Lumps

Silver

Post by Sugar Lumps » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:54 am

Alright. Someone send me a link to the fb group.

Alorain

Bronze

Post by Alorain » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:55 am

Wormfather wrote:Fuck it, rain, you OP the waiting thread. I dont need the headache.
Haha okay, we'll see. If it isn't made by the time I leave for the test, I'll start it.

Alorain

Bronze

Post by Alorain » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:56 am

Sugar Lumps wrote:Alright. Someone send me a link to the fb group.
PM'd

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:10 am

Sugar Lumps wrote:Alright. Someone send me a link to the fb group.
Haha, nice. I really want to make a joke about you coming to the dark side, but after Al's epic emperor monologue I can't.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”