For those who thought RC kicked your ass, where was it? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
boblawlob

Silver

For those who thought RC kicked your ass, where was it?

Post by boblawlob » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:47 pm

Was it your first section or was it later on during the test?

Trying to determine to what degree fatigue affects how you do on RC...

sinfiery

Gold

Re: For those who thought RC kicked your ass, where was it?

Post by sinfiery » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:53 pm

First RC kind of kicked my ass.

Third RC did kick my ass.

Third was experimental :)

abcde12345

Bronze

Post by abcde12345 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:59 pm

I was so happy to see my third section be an RC, because I definitely messed up the first one. When I got to it, and the passages were normal and not !Kung shit, I got so happy because I thought "Oh great this is the real RC!" Well, I was so upset when I found out this wasn't the case. RC3x was so easy. It was regular RC. The !Kung passage and the actor passage were just weird.

I think what messed me up the most was the proctors. There were 16 kids in the room (it was a huge lecture hall) and 4 proctors. The proctors kept walking around. Nonstop. It was the first section, so I felt really intimidated and distracted. I don't think the proctors realized they could just fucking sit down at the back of the classroom and observe, instead of distracting everybody. I didn't get used to them until the second section, and they really messed up my concentration for RC.

So to answer your question: fatigue didn't play a role at all for me. I did really well on the RCx. I did even better, I think, because I thought the real RC was practice.

VUSisterRayVU

Bronze

Post by VUSisterRayVU » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:05 pm

There were more a few questions that tripped me up than any passage in particular. None was especially difficult but I felt it was slightly harder than normal.

DaRascal

Gold

Post by DaRascal » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:07 pm

sinfiery wrote:First RC kind of kicked my ass.

I was so glad that third one was experimental. I think I killed every passage except for that "Historical Analysis" one on the third one. That friggin sucked ass.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

boblawlob

Silver

Post by boblawlob » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:08 pm

DaRascal wrote:
sinfiery wrote:First RC kind of kicked my ass.

I was so glad that third one was experimental. I think I killed every passage except for that "Historical Analysis" one on the third one. That friggin sucked ass.
I still don't understand the historical analysis passage. It read like mumbo jumbo to me.

msmith19

New

Post by msmith19 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:08 pm

RC wasn't bad. I had LR experimental and unfortunately it was the one I did the best on. Always hard to tell with RC though. Last LG was pretty difficult? Or just test nerves and running out of time? I think the wide-opennness and my lack of composure to get to the major deduction or specific options probably didn't help.

Chardee_MacDennis

Bronze

Post by Chardee_MacDennis » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:10 pm

abcde12345 wrote:I was so happy to see my third section be an RC, because I definitely messed up the first one. When I got to it, and the passages were normal and not !Kung shit, I got so happy because I thought "Oh great this is the real RC!" Well, I was so upset when I found out this wasn't the case. RC3x was so easy. It was regular RC. The !Kung passage and the actor passage were just weird.

I think what messed me up the most was the proctors. There were 16 kids in the room (it was a huge lecture hall) and 4 proctors. The proctors kept walking around. Nonstop. It was the first section, so I felt really intimidated and distracted. I don't think the proctors realized they could just fucking sit down at the back of the classroom and observe, instead of distracting everybody. I didn't get used to them until the second section, and they really messed up my concentration for RC.

So to answer your question: fatigue didn't play a role at all for me. I did really well on the RCx. I did even better, I think, because I thought the real RC was practice.
Interesting to hear, since I had the opposite reaction.

All relative, I suppose.

square_peg

New

Post by square_peg » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:11 pm

The actor and !Kung tripped me up a little, but the actor was the worse of the two. The others were solid.

I'm also glad the comparative history passages were experimental. Those were awful...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

abcde12345

Bronze

Post by abcde12345 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:15 pm

Chardee_MacDennis wrote:Interesting to hear, since I had the opposite reaction. All relative, I suppose.
How well I do depends on the content for me also. On PTs, with content I have no familiarity with, I consistently go -2. With content I am familiar with, I go -1 or -0 (I think I went -1 on RCx, but much more than that on the real RC). I'm really comfortable with physics passages (not a physics major, just like it), and I did the Einstein passage in maybe 5 minutes. So I think that played a role.

SupCutie

New

Post by SupCutie » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:38 pm

African actors had a couple of tough questions........ the !Africantribesmanasglobalfeministtheory one was ridiculous for me though. Does anybody remember what other passages were on it? Invasive plants comparative?

AEIOU

New

Post by AEIOU » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:45 pm

The !Kung was fucked.

abcde12345

Bronze

Post by abcde12345 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:45 pm

I kept reading it as iKung. Fuck you apple.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lovejopd

Silver

Post by lovejopd » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:48 pm

abcde12345 wrote:I kept reading it as iKung. Fuck you apple.
Same here...

I think I guessed almost all answers...FML...Couldn't get my head around it... :cry:

boblawlob

Silver

Post by boblawlob » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:49 pm

SupCutie wrote:African actors had a couple of tough questions........ the !Africantribesmanasglobalfeministtheory one was ridiculous for me though. Does anybody remember what other passages were on it? Invasive plants comparative?
invasive plants/biodiversity

westie25

Bronze

Post by westie25 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:53 pm

abcde12345 wrote:I kept reading it as iKung. Fuck you apple.
I read it as iKung the first few times, too. After that I told myself it was Kong, because "!Kung" kept f'ing with my head. I was reading it as a shitty typo in the passage, and it was annoying/distracting me.

MsAvocadoPit

Bronze

Post by MsAvocadoPit » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:59 pm

I can't remember which order the topics were in :| I had RC-LR-RC /LG-LR

I just remember my 3rd RC I felt like I did better on, because I was doing better on my time management. But I just can't remember if I did Kung/Monarchy on RC1 or RC3. Ugh!! I hope it was my RC3 :|

My experimental included Astronomy/Ancient Greeks. I remember liking that passage too, foook!

SumStalwart

Bronze

Post by SumStalwart » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:54 am

My test order was: LR RC LR LR AR. I don't think that it was test fatigue that got me. I just was having a hard time deciding between answers. Though, RC is usually my most volatile section (the lowest I go is -3 and the worst is -8). I really hope that I went on the lower end of that.. I ended up having to rush through the last passage-- I barely remember what it was about.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”