Bringing someone to the test center Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LittleTree

New

Bringing someone to the test center

Post by LittleTree » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:39 pm

My girlfriend wants to go to the test center with me and do homework while I take the exam. During the break after section 3 will I be allowed to talk to her? I know the layout of the facility and she could hang out just outside the room normally. Will they block the area off?

Thanks.

vegso

New

Re: Bringing someone to the test center

Post by vegso » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:46 pm

I would think you probably couldn't. You could tell her shit about the test then she could run off and call her friend in Hawaii and tell them all about it

LittleTree

New

Post by LittleTree » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Thanks for the reply, that's what I was starting to think. Anyone have a concrete response?

guinness1547

Silver

Post by guinness1547 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:03 pm

You can talk to people, just not anything involving the test. There will be proctors around.

Charlie.Home

Bronze

Post by Charlie.Home » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:14 pm

When I took the test in June, this was allowed. I did not do it... but your just not allowed to leave and/or talk about the test

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Eberry

Diamond

Post by Eberry » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:29 am

You can talk to anyone and anything within the designated area used for break. Obviously, and this shouldn't need clarification, you CAN NOT discuss the test in any capacity.

Davidbentley

Bronze

Post by Davidbentley » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:44 am

Tell your girlfriend no. Set boundaries now or this will spiral.

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:53 am

LittleTree wrote:My girlfriend wants to go to the test center with me and do homework while I take the exam. During the break after section 3 will I be allowed to talk to her? I know the layout of the facility and she could hang out just outside the room normally. Will they block the area off?

Thanks.
This is the dumbest friggin idea I have ever heard. This is the LSAT. You need to focus. Not chat with your girlfriend.

TopHatToad

New

Post by TopHatToad » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:21 am

manofjustice wrote:
LittleTree wrote:My girlfriend wants to go to the test center with me and do homework while I take the exam. During the break after section 3 will I be allowed to talk to her? I know the layout of the facility and she could hang out just outside the room normally. Will they block the area off?

Thanks.
This is the dumbest friggin idea I have ever heard. This is the LSAT. You need to focus. Not chat with your girlfriend.
Yeah, you've got to GO HARD AT IT BRO. Seriously, the above is pretty dumb. If she wants to sit around for hours and do homework, invite her along. If you want to see a smiling face after a couple hours of hell, invite her along. If she's that supportive of you and your future career, invite her along and possibly marry her.

And in case it wasn't clear, yeah you'll probably (99%, crazy proctors excepted) be able to talk to her during the break. If your break area is a public space, they almost certainly won't block it off.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cookiejar1

Silver

Post by cookiejar1 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:57 am

Don't know how you do it... if I asked my girlfriend to sit and do nothing for more than just 15 minutes I'd probably get slapped in the face.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:24 am

I want to say that within that 10 min speal the proctor says it says you can't take to anyone outside of the test untill it's over. (Certainly to NO ONE about the test)

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:01 am

You can't talk to anyone about he test at all and only test takers are allowed in th testing room. You can Bring g/ f but she has to stay away from you so she can't be there for moral support. And it may take a lot longer than the time allotted of there are a lot of test gamers in the room or not enough proctors... So she'll have to bring a weeks worth of homework to keep herself busy... Long novel short I wouldn't bother

Honey_Badger

Bronze

Post by Honey_Badger » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:20 am

manofjustice wrote:

Thanks.
+180

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”