What was your biggest psychological struggle prepping? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawschool2014hopeful

Silver

What was your biggest psychological struggle prepping?

Post by lawschool2014hopeful » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Alot people focus on mechanical struggles (game type etc)

I am wondering what you find was the hardest to conquer psychologically?

For me, it was just letting questions go. For 3 years I have developed an academic obsession to stare at a Q long enough until I get it right, which is hugely detrimental to LSAT as we know. Conquering this habit has definitely been tough. HBU?

MarcusAurelius

Bronze

Re: What was your biggest psychological struggle prepping?

Post by MarcusAurelius » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:43 pm

Thinking about whether or not I have time between sections to run to the bathroom and whack

Theopliske8711

Gold

Post by Theopliske8711 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:47 pm

Concentration and timing.

Also, badly hoping that there is no hot girl at the test location...

lawschool2014hopeful

Silver

Post by lawschool2014hopeful » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:07 pm

edit
Last edited by lawschool2014hopeful on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:10 pm

My biggest issue was actually looking at my mistakes instead of just chalking them up to gaffs or brain farts. Not saying those don't happen, they certainly do, but I would attribute most of my scores to bad luck keeping me from my target. Once I started actually looking at patterns (lsatqa.com is AMAZING for this), I realized I had real weaknesses that needed to be fixed, and then I fixed them. Basically, be hard on yourself and don't give yourself credit you didn't earn.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawschool2014hopeful

Silver

Post by lawschool2014hopeful » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:22 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:My biggest issue was actually looking at my mistakes instead of just chalking them up to gaffs or brain farts. Not saying those don't happen, they certainly do, but I would attribute most of my scores to bad luck keeping me from my target. Once I started actually looking at patterns (lsatqa.com is AMAZING for this), I realized I had real weaknesses that needed to be fixed, and then I fixed them. Basically, be hard on yourself and don't give yourself credit you didn't earn.
Wow, thanks for the link man. Ill definitely use it if October dont go well.

msmith19

New

Post by msmith19 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:32 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:My biggest issue was actually looking at my mistakes instead of just chalking them up to gaffs or brain farts. Not saying those don't happen, they certainly do, but I would attribute most of my scores to bad luck keeping me from my target. Once I started actually looking at patterns (lsatqa.com is AMAZING for this), I realized I had real weaknesses that needed to be fixed, and then I fixed them. Basically, be hard on yourself and don't give yourself credit you didn't earn.
What function of lsatqa.com do you use? It shows you most often incorrect question types but not much beyond that.

Zensack

Bronze

Post by Zensack » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:47 am

Procrastination. I've had a lot of late nights/skipped sessions because I kept putting off my prep for the day.

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:58 am

msmith19 wrote:
What function of lsatqa.com do you use? It shows you most often incorrect question types but not much beyond that.
I work o my three weakest.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Honey_Badger

Bronze

Post by Honey_Badger » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:23 am

I used this after it was posted the other week and LOVE it...not only did it show trends and weaknesses, but I also liked how I could look at my most RECENT weaknesses (rather than having them all lumped together).
Kick some ass tomorrow, Noodley.

Poo-T

Bronze

Post by Poo-T » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:01 am

MarcusAurelius wrote:Thinking about whether or not I have time between sections to run to the bathroom and whack
this. finding time to whack during the test has been the hardest... I may not even be able to do it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”