Typo in a PT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Poo-T

Bronze

Typo in a PT?

Post by Poo-T » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:31 pm

Ever run into a PT with a typo? The one I have, PT 33 LG Section 4, says: "which of the following MOST be true". I can't imagine that being anything but a typo. Maybe yours is different. I printed this off of Kaplan for what it's worth. I was just wondering if you guys ever had this happen.

Gold

Re: Typo in a PT?

Post by 20130312 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:34 pm

Poo-T wrote:Kaplan

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:47 pm

There's no typo in the real PT. I just checked. :-P

flippacious

New

Post by flippacious » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:54 pm

For whatever reason, Kaplan's PTs have a lot of typos in them. And it's not limited to typos. In one LG section, I remember a question that asked for something that MUST be true, and I swore that none of the things had to be true. Turns out, the real PT had it as a "could be true" question.

Poo-T

Bronze

Post by Poo-T » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:02 pm

flippacious wrote:For whatever reason, Kaplan's PTs have a lot of typos in them. And it's not limited to typos. In one LG section, I remember a question that asked for something that MUST be true, and I swore that none of the things had to be true. Turns out, the real PT had it as a "could be true" question.
Wow, that's weird. How could Kaplan mess that up? Seems almost intentional to me. :|

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RickyDnwhyc

Bronze

Post by RickyDnwhyc » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:04 pm

I'm confused, if the original didn't have a typo, why did Kaplans? Did they re-type it manually or something?

relevantfactor

Bronze

Post by relevantfactor » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:09 pm

RickyDnwhyc wrote:I'm confused, if the original didn't have a typo, why did Kaplans? Did they re-type it manually or something?
That's what it looks like.

SumStalwart

Bronze

Post by SumStalwart » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Guys, Kaplan's material is littered with grammatical, spelling, and logical flaws. How many times have you found issues with their logic game problems? I, myself, have found a few mistakes in their AC's (Kaplan 180). It killed my mentality, when I first started prepping. Rather than assuming that the answers had to be correct for the questions, I was looking for flaws in their logic (not a good approach to the LSAT). I'm glad that I'm not the only one~

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Here's what happens:

LSAC provides the PTs in a certain format to prep companies. In order to make them editable, those files have to go through a conversion program. Sometimes, the conversion program messes the text up a bit (choking on a word, changing an 'm' into 'rn', messing up a carriage return). You catch some, others get through.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”