Okay- here goes nothing Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
basketball law guy

New

Okay- here goes nothing

Post by basketball law guy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:51 pm

That is kind of my attitude right now. I am taking the LSAT this Saturday and basketball has been taking way too much of my time this semester. I will not be fully prepared come Saturday but I really don't know my options. The December and February tests will not be better for me since basketball is still in full session, graduating in May. A typical day might have 4-5 hours of basketball "stuff", not counting travel and other things. I am taking the test in Minnesota and any of the Big 10 schools would be good for me (not counting Michigan and Northwestern). Minnesota is my favorite right now (Illinois, Wisconsin and Iowa right behind). 3.90 GPA, my LSAT practice tests can be anywhere from 154-162.

Just venting but if I get a 160- good enough to just start applying and hope for the best?? I really don't want to put off and wait another year.

Br3v

Gold

Re: Okay- here goes nothing

Post by Br3v » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:57 pm

basketball law guy wrote:That is kind of my attitude right now. I am taking the LSAT this Saturday and basketball has been taking way too much of my time this semester. I will not be fully prepared come Saturday but I really don't know my options. The December and February tests will not be better for me since basketball is still in full session, graduating in May. A typical day might have 4-5 hours of basketball "stuff", not counting travel and other things. I am taking the test in Minnesota and any of the Big 10 schools would be good for me (not counting Michigan and Northwestern). Minnesota is my favorite right now (Illinois, Wisconsin and Iowa right behind). 3.90 GPA, my LSAT practice tests can be anywhere from 154-162.

Just venting but if I get a 160- good enough to just start applying and hope for the best?? I really don't want to put off and wait another year.

Dont select a school based on like basketball conferences or something, you should pick one that gives you the best chance of getting a job where you want it and doing what you want to do. A 3.9 is obviously a stellar gpa, you can go to ANY SCHOOL YOU WANT with the right LSAT (think mid to high 170's and you should be able to get in anywhere).

With that said, and being that I only know the above quoted paragraph about you, you should consider taking a year off, studying for the lsat very seriously, and applying next cycle. A years work experience will only help you.

buddyt

Silver

Post by buddyt » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Br3v wrote:
basketball law guy wrote:you should consider taking a year off, studying for the lsat very seriously, and applying next cycle. A years work experience will only help you.
TCR. With a 3.9 GPA, you should take a year off and get some professional work experience, study hard, don't take the LSAT until you're comfortably in the 170s, and enjoy HYS or CCN+$$$.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:18 pm

basketball law guy wrote:I really don't want to put off and wait another year.
No one ever does.

buddyt

Silver

Post by buddyt » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:55 am

IAFG wrote:
basketball law guy wrote:I really don't want to put off and wait another year.
No one ever does.
Also, no one ever regrets taking a year off either.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”