How to beat the mental exhaustion/fatigue? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gg2

New

How to beat the mental exhaustion/fatigue?

Post by gg2 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:02 pm

Just took a PT today and got EXTREMELY exhausted after section 3... so much so that for the rest of the test I just guessed when an answer seemed right and wanted it all to be over - basically thinking "screw it"
How do you guys combat this? I can't let this happen to me in October!!! :(

Platinum

Re: How to beat the mental exhaustion/fatigue?

Post by 071816 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:05 pm

This happened to me when I was studying for the LSAT. I took a 4-5 day break where I didn't look at anything LSAT-related and I felt way better when I went back to it. You should probably take a bit of time off.

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:17 pm

You could realize that even one point on this test could mean getting into a law school and not getting into a particular law school, or realize that even one point on this test could mean thousands of dollars in scholarship money to keep you from being in 230K+ of debt upon graduation...

Yeah, tough it out. It doesn't sound like fatigue as much as you got lazy.

thenaj88

New

Post by thenaj88 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:49 pm

Last edited by thenaj88 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pete Venkman

New

Post by Pete Venkman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:01 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:You could realize that even one point on this test could mean getting into a law school and not getting into a particular law school, or realize that even one point on this test could mean thousands of dollars in scholarship money to keep you from being in 230K+ of debt upon graduation...

Yeah, tough it out. It doesn't sound like fatigue as much as you got lazy.
Gotta give a big plus one on this. The test is hugely important so give it your all.

Also, I would get headaches sometimes when taking LSAT practice tests and would take one Excedrin (it has a pain reliever and caffeine so you get a little boost). maybe worth trying.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Theopliske8711

Gold

Post by Theopliske8711 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Problem with me is that I often wake up in the morning groggy due to my sinuses. I need a bit of time to get out of that feeling. I have to find some solution to it for the test. I usually take a practice test on Sunday at around 11am (thats when the library opens unfortunately). I guess I just have to bear it. I'll see about the excedrin. Maybe a pain killer will help...

gg2

New

Post by gg2 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:41 pm

thenaj88 wrote:This may sound counterintuitive but don't put so much stock in it. Keep in mind that, of course, this is an important test. But in the long run there are much bigger challenges ahead. For me, "caring less" makes me do better because then I'm less nervous and exhausted. Treat it like a game, and just destroy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, do NOT burn out. Save energy, don't try to go so hard that you overload yourself. Definitely study, practice, and what not, but be smart and make time for your brain to chill.

You'll be fine.
thanks for the advice. i really think the "caring less" might work better for me since im a super anxious person lol
good luck to us tomorrow!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”