stained glass... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gspiel1232

New

stained glass...

Post by gspiel1232 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:29 pm

Anyone else think that the time is best served just drawing out hypos the whole time? Haha...jesus that was a killer.

soccerfreak

Bronze

Re: stained glass...

Post by soccerfreak » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:32 pm

gspiel1232 wrote:Anyone else think that the time is best served just drawing out hypos the whole time? Haha...jesus that was a killer.
Good God stained glass absolutely slaughtered what would have been an amazing score for me.

On that note, I have no freaking idea how the time would best be served, except figuring out all of the other problem sets first and then praying you get lucky filling in random bubbles.

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:11 pm

There's a key inference that makes it a lot easier. If Y->P, and if -P->-Y. With that in mind, you know that P has to be in at least two groups (one with GP and one with YP (remember Y can't be with G)), and that either P or O has to be in each group. From there, it's not really too terribly bad.

gspiel1232

New

Post by gspiel1232 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:21 pm

Ah yeah you're totally right.

Note to self: See two or more rules with one variable in a grouping game....LOOK CLOSELY..(major inference/frames)

thanks for that tidbit

arcanecircle

New

Post by arcanecircle » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:52 pm

"If not X, then Y" rules I write down as "Must have X OR Y", did the same for that last rule.

I think if I was a natural at LG I would hit the global MBT inference questions right off the bat. The work done for those applies to your setup as a whole so theoretically they're the most useful questions (Unfortunately, they take me the longest to answer). Stained glass has one too, #12, though if you are doing the problems in order its probably not as valuable to you by then :oops:

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:04 am

Just had this today actually.

When it got to those "Could be a complete selection"

I started off with all options have to have either O, P, or OP in them. So I crossed those off.

Then I set up the R R _ diagram and used the most constricting rule (Y --> no O/G) and plugged and chugged from there.

It took a long time (12 minutes I think; albeit I spent 3 minutes fooling around because I didn't have an attack plan) but games 1, 3 and 4 were so easy I finished in time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”