PT 60 Sec 1 Q20 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tino1317

New

PT 60 Sec 1 Q20

Post by tino1317 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Posted this on Manhattan forums and realized I'd probably get a quicker response here. I'm probably just going full retard here but I for the life of me cannot bring myself to say E is wrong.

At first I selected D, then switched to E. D seems way to extreme in its wording, while E seems like it is valid because it is not as strongly worded and seems very required to the argument.

Radio drama requires thinking about what they hear

Television viewer generation do so less frequently

How can it be untrue and not required that because of those two facts, television drama does not REQUIRE its viewers to think about what they see. By not requiring it, that means many people may not be required to think about what they see/hear, but it leaves open that some may think about what they see/hear which seems to fit with "less frequently". I just don't get how that is not necessary to the assumption. If that were not necessary I could say television drama does require viewers to think about what they see, and wouldn't that make the argument fall apart?

I understand how D is necessary, but I really feel like without E, it also falls apart.

Most likely I'm just a complete fool but if someone would explain why E is completely wrong and not necessary to the argument I would really appreciate it.

Bronze

Re: PT 60 Sec 1 Q20

Post by 05062014 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:44 pm

I think this question required you to realize seeing and hearing are not the same thing.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”