June Blueprint Test Takers! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Joeshan520

Bronze

June Blueprint Test Takers!

Post by Joeshan520 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:41 pm

Taking the course in a few weeks...any significant improvements from the course?

SnapSnapSnap

New

Re: June Blueprint Test Takers!

Post by SnapSnapSnap » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Took a BP course in LA. +19 points (151 to 170). Important thing to know/remember: They can only provide strategies, tools, "homework", etc--which are super helpful for simplifying and clarifying the material--but if you won't study like a psycho on your own time, they can't learn it for you. I feel like this should go without saying, but a lot of people in my class were frustrated that their scores weren't going up but they weren't doing the homework. I think their average score increase is 10-11 points. Like anything, you get out of it what you put in. For me, it was definitely worth it.

Joeshan520

Bronze

Post by Joeshan520 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Congratulations! That's fantastic! I ordered the books and video upgrade early to start going through lectures before the course starts. I'm planning on hauling butt on this exam.

BUMP!

Joeshan520

Bronze

Post by Joeshan520 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:10 pm

BUMP

KingsCup

Bronze

Post by KingsCup » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:05 pm

Its a good course, in practice tests my score went up 12 points, from a 157 to a 169, but I ended up bombing the LSAT so I'll be taking the test again, the course itself helped though

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

honeycomb

New

Post by honeycomb » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Really great course, I did the video option as well.

I believe my initial diag was 157 or so, I was PTing around 172 but got a 167 on the real thing. I'll be retaking in Oct and will be sticking to a lot of my BP techniques. Go to class, do the homework, and you'll see a big improvement!

patricksouthern

Bronze

Post by patricksouthern » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:48 am

I took their online course and just got my score back yesterday from the June exam. My initial diagnostic was a 163. I PT'd as high as 176 by the end of the course (also had a 174 and a 175, so it wasn't just a fluke) but bombed LG on test day (-11, yikes) to get a 165 on my actual LSAT. As you might imagine, I'm planning to retake in October.

Personally, I thought the Blueprint course was pretty helpful in terms of LR. I was never really "weak" in LR but it got me to the point where I'm definitely capable of a perfect section (I didn't miss any questions on the second LR section on the June exam). I can't really speak to the effectiveness of their RC methods, as I never really felt compelled to try to use them -- I got a -2 on RC on my actual exam.

Games were my weakness throughout. Blueprint's approach to games is all about making deductions and drawing out "scenarios" (what PowerScore calls "Templates"). For whatever reason, that is a slow and difficult process for my apparently feeble brain. I was improving on LG on my practice tests leading up to the day of -- I had a few -1 sections, when my initial diagnostic was a -10 -- but obviously never was completely comfortable there, as my score on test day might show. I had also worked through PowerScore's LG Bible, so I definitely should have been reasonably prepared. Games just are hard for me, and if you aren't good at identifying deductions quickly, you may struggle with their methods here.

Overall though, I give the online course pretty high marks. It's tough to make this material engaging, and they manage to do it much of the time by keeping a sense of humor. I think most people will get a lot of benefit from their course.

Joeshan520

Bronze

Post by Joeshan520 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:15 am

I PT'd as high as 176 by the end of the course (also had a 174 and a 175, so it wasn't just a fluke) but bombed LG on test day (-11, yikes) to get a 165 on my actual LSAT.
Do you think this might have been due to testing anxiety and the new format that was on it? If you were PTing in the 170s you obviously were able to understand the games to some extent and make the necessary deductions.

patricksouthern

Bronze

Post by patricksouthern » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:38 pm

Joeshan520 wrote:
I PT'd as high as 176 by the end of the course (also had a 174 and a 175, so it wasn't just a fluke) but bombed LG on test day (-11, yikes) to get a 165 on my actual LSAT.
Do you think this might have been due to testing anxiety and the new format that was on it? If you were PTing in the 170s you obviously were able to understand the games to some extent and make the necessary deductions.
I suppose any explanation is possible, but I find it unlikely that anxiety played a role. I had the LG experimental and had cruised through it. My actual LG section was Section 4, and I was feeling extremely confident at the break (justifiably so, it turns out, as I had strong RC and LR results in the two scored sections I had before the break). So there wasn't any sense of crushing nerves when I got to the actual LG section.

I'm not sure how to explain my struggles. I'm going back through the games today and tonight to try to figure out what happened. I did the first one and I'm scratching my head as to why I struggled -- I only got 2 out of 5 questions from that game on the actual LSAT, but when I just worked through it again, I got all 5 with very little problem.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”