LSAT in Everyday life Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Malakai

Bronze

LSAT in Everyday life

Post by Malakai » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:27 am

Start logically picking apart Facebook statuses and comments for fun. I'd suggest one do this mentally, but if you decide to state other's errors explicitly, I'm not going to stop nor be liable for the potential douchebaggery that may ensue or be perceived by your actions.

If you don't have Facebook you can also do this with: your partner, your girlfriend(s)/boyfriend(s), friends, parents, coworkers, your boss, your boss's boss, and children (this last one is really fun).

Start thinking with an LSAT mentality in everyday life, and your test comprehension and l33t logic skills could be enhanced come test day.

This TLS service announcement was paid for and sponsored by yours truly: Malakai

Disclaimer: Do not try this with those who may be smarter with you, may threaten your life or kill you, or publicly defame you. Also do not try this with statements that are logically correct, as this may result in backfire or overwhelming feelings of stupidity.

Nova

Platinum

Re: LSAT in Everyday life

Post by Nova » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:48 pm

Oh, fun! From the last 12 hours....
Cannot believe congress right now. Hope they don't expect to get re elected. Upholding obamacare.... Go to hell. Hope they're ready for higher unemployment in two years.
Too many flaws to point them all out. Shellgame / ignorance. SCOTUS is not elected. Assumes SCOTUS needs to get ready for higher unemploymnet. Assumes there will be higher unemployment because of a causal relationship that has not been established.
Best QB, all-time: Bart Starr, Joe Montana or Johnny Unitas?
Assumes Tom Brady is not an option.
Did the meteorologist just say we were going to get a cold front and would be at 90 degrees for the weekend? SMH Only in Texas
Concludes with out justification that cold fronts down to 90 degrees do not happen elsewhere.
I would rather cuddle then have sex. If your good with grammar, youll get it.
SMH
Last edited by Nova on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lilhugsy24

New

Post by lilhugsy24 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:15 am

SMH

JohnV

Bronze

Post by JohnV » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:48 am

Ok good, I thought I was the only douche that felt like all this obsessive studying was changing the way I argue on the internet and a couple of times in real life.

jjrialva

Bronze

Post by jjrialva » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:06 pm

This is very entertaining!

Studying for the LSAT made me think this way involuntarily. I've been speaking lately on relative terms every time trying to make strong arguments.

One thing one has to be careful when evaluating arguments outside the test is that other rules apply like outside assumptions that would have been extraneous on the test could really apply on a conversation because you know the person the ideas behind the argument etc.

I found it way easier now to identify people that tend to construct weak arguments than before.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Malakai

Bronze

Post by Malakai » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:33 am

Agree or disagree...I feel like the new Obama care will benefit mostly pepl over age 65, only children and young adults whose parents can afford med insurance, and people who work in companies that have at Least 50 employees. I think it's gonna screw over everyone else who just makes ends meet working as entrepreneurs or for smaller companies."
SMH. I don't even know where to begin besides 1) the absence of any evidence 2) Predicting a potentially factual probability by relying solely on a matter of opinion

Honey_Badger

Bronze

Post by Honey_Badger » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:53 am

lilhugsy24 wrote:

SMH
And if you want to be even pickier, it's THAN, not THEN. (THEN applying in "if-then" statements such as "IF sex were an option, THEN I'd rather cuddle...")
This thread could get entertaining.

Systematic1

Bronze

Post by Systematic1 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:10 am

Wormfather wrote:This thread is so full of win that it should probably be stickied just so that everyone will be able to say that they've seen it.

This

ryanfaro

New

Post by ryanfaro » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:36 am

Honey_Badger wrote:
lilhugsy24 wrote:

SMH
And if you want to be even pickier, it's THAN, not THEN. (THEN applying in "if-then" statements such as "IF sex were an option, THEN I'd rather cuddle...")

The first part wasn't picked apart because it was intended to be ironic in grammar, the second part was not.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Honey_Badger

Bronze

Post by Honey_Badger » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:00 am

ryanfaro wrote:
Honey_Badger wrote:
lilhugsy24 wrote:

SMH

The first part wasn't picked apart because it was intended to be ironic in grammar, the second part was not.
Dude, it's three a.m. and a joke. Chill.
And your statement is flawed because the difference between your/you're is not grammar, it's usage.

barestin

New

Post by barestin » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:15 am

Dude, it's three a.m. and a joke. Chill.
And your statement is flawed because the difference between your/you're is not grammar, it's usage.[/quote]

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:28 am

Last edited by 03152016 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

ryanfaro

New

Post by ryanfaro » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:31 pm

Honey_Loser wrote:Dude, it's three a.m. and a joke. Chill.
And your statement is flawed because the difference between your/you're is not grammar, it's usage.

U seem nettled because you couldn't figure out the joke

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

beautyistruth

Bronze

Post by beautyistruth » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:37 pm

Friend: The WASL is a bullshit test that's no indication of intelligence. Schools shouldn't worry that kids aren't passing it.
Me: It's a terrible test, but I think that it's basic enough that if you're reasonably smart, you should be able to pass it. I think it's sad that some people can't even pass that.
Friend: That's ridiculous! You're saying that a test as irrevelnt as the WASL says anything about intellience? Passing the WASL means that you're smart?

Mistaken reversal!

Malakai

Bronze

Post by Malakai » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:34 am

beautyistruth wrote:Friend: The WASL is a bullshit test that's no indication of intelligence. Schools shouldn't worry that kids aren't passing it.
Me: It's a terrible test, but I think that it's basic enough that if you're reasonably smart, you should be able to pass it. I think it's sad that some people can't even pass that.
Friend: That's ridiculous! You're saying that a test as irrevelnt as the WASL says anything about intellience? Passing the WASL means that you're smart?

Mistaken reversal!
I lol'd

Malakai

Bronze

Post by Malakai » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:30 pm

Listen to the terrible logic in this ITT Tech Commercial. Nothing against the institute or the person, but if you happen to come across one of these commercials just listen to the logical flaws. :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY2y8TOL ... ure=relmfu

corcorty

New

Post by corcorty » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:42 am

My brain was programmed by LSAT prep to start doing this. I don't suggest doing this though, it starts to make people mad, especially in sports debates.

But I have to say, it's entertaining.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”