RC, a challenge for int'l students Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
giantwhale3798

New

RC, a challenge for int'l students

Post by giantwhale3798 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Some of you might disagree but as an international student, the hardest part of LSAT for me is not Logical Games nor Logical Reasoning, but Reading Comprehension. I found that RC is getting harder these years, as reflected from my preptest score. For one time, I only made less than 4 mistakes throughout the RC section. I think the biggest change is that RC questions now tends to focus more on details. For int'l students, our reading ability could not match that of native speakers, in terms of speed as well as the efficiency of grasping information. But anyhow, I think only through more reading and writing, could one's reading ability significantly improved.
I took the June LSAT, the reading is a bit hard for me, and I only have 5 minutes to deal with the last passage, but I now know how to improve. The biggest problem for me is law and science articles. Reading magazines like Economist and Scientific American would greatly help me!

Good luck to all LSAT takers, especially int'l students. It's a hard test, but it's very rewarding in terms of building up concentration as well as language skills. Besides, the process of preparing and taking the exam bring me confidence. I now could proudly say to myself: You've prepared and taken LSAT, WHAT ELSE CAN'T YOU CONQUER? Good luck to all LSAT Conquerors!

cc.celina

Silver

Re: RC, a challenge for int'l students

Post by cc.celina » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:08 pm

I like you.

giantwhale3798

New

Post by giantwhale3798 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:11 pm

cc.celina wrote:I like you.
I like you too! I like those who like me, haha!
Treat LSAT as a process of improvement rather than an end. LSAT score is not causally related to your worth of life, even the degree of success as a lawyer.

sophie0910

New

Post by sophie0910 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:58 am

good comment!

i found the detail questions most challenging.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”