Getting a test removed from your record? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
TRex77

New

Getting a test removed from your record?

Post by TRex77 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:10 pm

So just got back from the test. (this is my 2nd time taking it). I was insanely prepared, averaging 164-168. Honestly would have even been happy with a 163.

The test was pretty much my worst nightmare come to fruition.

I am going to write a letter to LSAC and try to get my test removed from my record, and if not that, at least cancelled.

Here is what happened, and why I think it's enough for them to delete my scores, or whatever it's called:

(I am raging so hard right now, but am trying to keep calm).

1. The location on the test ticket was wrong.
2. They moved location of the test 2 times. I was running around like a freaking chicken with its head cut off. Ran all around campus looking for anything LSAT. Finally found 3 ladies sitting on a picnic table off to the side of a building with a tiny LSAT sign that was laying on the table, not even drapped over the edge so you could read it.
3. Once a group of people had gathered at location 2, they made us walk about 200 yards to these shitty portables. (I originally signed up for this location because it was were I took it in December and I wanted everything to be the same. They had us take it in a different building, not even a building, a goddamn portable).
4. So it was probably 90-100 degrees outside (California). It wasn't cool when we go into the room, but it wasn't necessarily hot. The proctors said that they had requested that the AC be turned on and that it would cool down after a while. So the first section goes by and it's not the most comfortable temperature, but it's reasonable. During the 2nd and 3rd sections the room was a sauna. I was actually dripping sweat onto my test booklet. After our break they decided to open to doors because it was cooler outside (It was 95 degrees when I got back to my car, so take into account that my car was probably hotter than the actual air temperature, but also that the bulk of the test had taken place 2 hrs before when it was hotter). Sow now the door is open, which is kind of distracting because of the noise outside, but it's better than a 100 degree silent sauna.

I am not sure about most people, but when I am very hot I cannot think. A couple weeks ago I took a test in the middle of the day and accadentally left the window open and it got up to around 90 degrees and i did horrible. So you can imagine the flash backs I started getting as I was dripping sweat onto my test booklet as I am sweating through the problems.

So there is my rant. I am definitely cancelling, which sucks cause I studied so goddamn much, like everyone. I have heard of people getting tests wiped from their records (so schools can't even see you cancelled). Is this a good argument? I mean I think I even should be refunded my test fee. It was honestly the worst testing conditions I could ever think about. I could take the test tomorrow and do very well, but because of the testing conditions and circumstances, it fucked me.

So angry...that is all.

anon sequitur

Silver

Re: Getting a test removed from your record?

Post by anon sequitur » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:22 pm

This really sucks. Well, I'm assuming it sucked, but I didn't actually read your whole post. But I do really sympathize, something crazy happened at my test center the first time I took it and I was so angry I was almost in tears when I got home.

Unfortunately, there is a zero percent chance they will remove your test from the record. If your complaints are legit, they will allow you to retake for free. That's the best outcome you can hope for. So, you cancel, swear vengeance, and move on. That's the only option, though it does suck.

TRex77

New

Re: Getting a test removed from your record?

Post by TRex77 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:29 pm

anon sequitur wrote:This really sucks. Well, I'm assuming it sucked, but I didn't actually read your whole post. But I do really sympathize, something crazy happened at my test center the first time I took it and I was so angry I was almost in tears when I got home.

Unfortunately, there is a zero percent chance they will remove your test from the record. If your complaints are legit, they will allow you to retake for free. That's the best outcome you can hope for. So, you cancel, swear vengeance, and move on. That's the only option, though it does suck.
Damn, I thought I had heard of crazy stuff happening on test day for people and the LSAC removing any trace of a test from their record.

That is very unfortunate. Coming to grips with it now though. Gonna have to do some research on how bad taking a test 3 times looks to law schools...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”