Houston test center? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
fruitoftheloom

Bronze

Houston test center?

Post by fruitoftheloom » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:01 pm

I took the 2/12 LSAT at the U of Houston - I thought the test center sucked. My biggest complaint was that the test didn't start until 9:30 or so, and the proctors allowed a lot of people to come in late. I searched the forum, but didn't find a lot of information - does anyone have an opinion on the best test center in Houston?

Thanks!

cc.celina

Silver

Re: Houston test center?

Post by cc.celina » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:53 pm

I'm taking it at prairie view. It's sort of a long drive (like an hour on 290) but i visited the room and its nice and big with lots of desk space, and i've heard good things about it. i've also heard bad things about UH so you're not alone there

StarLightSpectre

Bronze

Post by StarLightSpectre » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:36 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:I took the 2/12 LSAT at the U of Houston - I thought the test center sucked. My biggest complaint was that the test didn't start until 9:30 or so, and the proctors allowed a lot of people to come in late. I searched the forum, but didn't find a lot of information - does anyone have an opinion on the best test center in Houston?

Thanks!

This would have been awesome to know earlier. Oh well.

I took it at Stephen F Austin (59N then follow signs) in Nacadoches and it was really nice. They had to friendly forgiving proctors. Plenty of room cause they used the long tables with big black chairs.

Had a couple friends take it at Lamar in Beaumont (I-10E about an hour). One had a similar experience to mine at SFA one had a terrible time.

But since you directly asked for Houston, I'd say try and take at Rice, St Thomas, or HBU. Seems like the smart idea is to take it at smaller campuses. Less people, less noise, less anxiety for you or the proctors.

I know Shifty is taking it in Galveston, but other that I think you just have to look.

Sucks about UH, it was the only one open when I registered.

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:40 pm

I had a bad experience at UH as well, but a great one at TSU. I'll be taking it tmrw in Galveston

I think UH and TSU are the only schools in Houston that offer it.

sjwest

Bronze

Post by sjwest » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:10 pm

I'm taking it at South Texas tomorrow, right in the middle of downtown. First time was at TSU, which, like the rest of you, I really enjoyed. Large quiet rooms, good proctors.

I'll let you know how STCL goes, but I'm not expecting to enjoy it. Having to fight downtown traffic on a Monday? Yuck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fruitoftheloom

Bronze

Post by fruitoftheloom » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:03 am

any feedback after June tests?

cc.celina

Silver

Post by cc.celina » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:32 pm

PV A&M was great, although we started late. Super cold so bring like three sweaters. The drive is very zen, if cows calm you down.

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:33 pm

Galveston was fine, but get there early to find the room. I lucked out and was able to follow some people who seemed to know where they were going. It was very cold, and the proctor did not allow any talking during the break.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”