How do I improve in RC? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LoveLife89

Bronze

How do I improve in RC?

Post by LoveLife89 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:22 pm

I took a PT today (PT 56). I scored -2 on LG and -3 in LR. My score doesn't reflect this since I got a -10 in RC. I can honestly say I haven't done much studying at all in RC. Ive been studying for about three hours a day and my focus has primarily been in LR and about an hoe a day in LG. I haven't studied for RC because I don't know how to effectively study for that and I don't want my study to be counterproductive.

I have be manhattan RC and powerscore RC but I don't like powerscores book. How should I attack RC? Should I be doing a certain amount of passages each day? Also, I am taking the test in October.

Thank you!

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Re: How do I improve in RC?

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:33 pm

I was pretty weak in R/C too but have improved significantly over the last month and a half. It's actually one of the sections I feel most confident about now. What helped me was to zone in on the passage and read critically all the way through -- I'm not really a fan of making notes next to the passage because I feel like that can be a distraction at times. Always be on the lookout for what the author is trying to get at in the passage; look for key words that signal his tone regarding the matter at hand. There's really not much strategy/technique that can be employed in R/C, you mainly have to rely on the critical thinking skills you've presumably acquired during your undergrad. All I can say is keep reading passages to improve your speed and accuracy. Good luck

boblawlob

Silver

Re: How do I improve in RC?

Post by boblawlob » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:43 pm

I'm no expert in RC, but the key is reading and being aware of how the passage flows (what a paragraph talks about and mentions in general). Then when you get to a question where you are not sure about, you can double check the passage quickly for that particular answer choice if it is indeed present.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”