Funeral Saturday any suggestions Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
fronkman

New

Funeral Saturday any suggestions

Post by fronkman » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:05 pm

I had an uncle pass away over the weekend and the funeral has been scheduled for Saturday. The problem is I am taking the test on Monday at a center 5 hours from where I work. The funeral is at 2 on saturday, and is 7 hours from where I work, and still 5 hours from the test center.

My original plan was a nice leisurely drive on Saturday to a house with a nice comfy bed waiting for me and a day and a half of light drilling/golfing/shooting to get mentally right. Now it's drive three hours friday after work, sleep in motel room. Wake up fairly early to drive 4 hours go to funeral them sleep in motel room. Drive 5 hours on Sunday, maybe some light drilling if I am up to it. Any suggestions to deal with the mental drain this will have on me.

PS- I know this comes off selfish considering the pain others in my family are dealing with right now, but just wanted to see if/how others have dealt with similar last minute changes.

VasaVasori

Silver

Post by VasaVasori » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:11 pm

Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintsTheMetal

Bronze

Re: Funeral Saturday any suggestions

Post by SaintsTheMetal » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:12 pm

Just relax while driving on Sunday, and don't do any drilling or even look at the LSAT imho.

Maybe do some light drilling after the funeral Saturday if you have a few minutes.

fronkman

New

Post by fronkman » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:16 pm

VasaVasori wrote: Hey man, I'm really sorry to hear about that. In your position, I would just try to enjoy the funeral. I know that sounds weird, but make it relaxing. You'll be seeing your relatives, so catch up with them. It's not the best occasion for this, but it will help to keep the resulting anxiety at bay. I would also avoid the drilling on Sunday.

Is there any chance you can stay with a relative and drive up there the night before instead of waking up early Saturday morning? Or do you have to work on Saturday?
Thanks for this, I really appreciate this advice. It is just not something I thought of, but knowing my family and my uncle it shouldn't be to hard and may help decrease my anxiety.
PS- I know this comes off selfish considering the pain others in my family are dealing with right now, but just wanted to see if/how others have dealt with similar last minute changes.
I think that anyone who thought this would be being unreasonable. It's sad that this happened, and the timing is unfortunate. But his death doesn't mean you should put you're life on hold.
Thanks again, just been a rush of emotions on top of LSAT anxiety kind of freaked out.

fronkman

New

Post by fronkman » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:21 pm

SaintsTheMetal wrote:Just relax while driving on Sunday, and don't do any drilling or even look at the LSAT imho.

Maybe do some light drilling after the funeral Saturday if you have a few minutes.
Thanks, I was thinking maybe an untimed game or two that I've worked before, but I think I will go with none just for the mental break.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”