PT 10, Section 4, Number 24 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
helpplease

Bronze

PT 10, Section 4, Number 24

Post by helpplease » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:39 pm

I'm having a really tough time understanding the reasoning behind the correct answer to this question and was wondering whether anybody could help me out. It doesn't help that the stimulus revolves around economics -__-

When the rate of inflation...

Correct answer is C. I picked B. Thanks!!
Last edited by helpplease on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Br3v

Gold

Re: PT 10, Section 4, Number 24

Post by Br3v » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:44 pm

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Do not post the text of actual PT questions here. Reference it by test, section, problem.

helpplease

Bronze

Post by helpplease » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:59 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Do not post the text of actual PT questions here. Reference it by test, section, problem.
Sorry, didn't know!
Thanks, but I already saw their explanation. Didn't quite help me as much as I needed.

foggynotion

New

Post by foggynotion » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:32 am

I think it's really just saying, to figure out how much by which investment X will decline, you subtract it's rate of return from the inflation rate. The most profitable investment will have the highest rate of return, so when you subtract that from the rate of inflation, it's going to have the lowest percentage of decline--any other investment would have a lower rate of return, which, when subtracted from the inflation rate, would have to result in a larger percentage of decline.

I hope this makes sense.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:41 pm

helpplease wrote:I'm having a really tough time understanding the reasoning behind the correct answer to this question and was wondering whether anybody could help me out. It doesn't help that the stimulus revolves around economics -__-

I answered in the ask the experts thread, but I'll address B here.

B says that the investment is becoming less profitable. In order for something to become less profitable, I have to know two different points in time, and they have to be different (one higher, one lower). This stimulus is only talking about one point in time, so I can't say it's becoming less profitable.

helpplease

Bronze

Post by helpplease » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:21 pm

bp shinners wrote:
helpplease wrote:I'm having a really tough time understanding the reasoning behind the correct answer to this question and was wondering whether anybody could help me out. It doesn't help that the stimulus revolves around economics -__-

I answered in the ask the experts thread, but I'll address B here.

B says that the investment is becoming less profitable. In order for something to become less profitable, I have to know two different points in time, and they have to be different (one higher, one lower). This stimulus is only talking about one point in time, so I can't say it's becoming less profitable.
Thank you so much! Your explanation really helped!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”