LSAT MULTIPLE ABSENCE, CANCELATION & LOW SCORE? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lyg0610

New

LSAT MULTIPLE ABSENCE, CANCELATION & LOW SCORE?

Post by lyg0610 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:26 am

I am posting here to get honest replies to my dilemma. I was supposed to just take the lsat in 2008 once but deep family issues erupted and now I have to face the consequences of how my various attempts will forever be looked upon by law schools.
I was an absentee in Dec 2008 for the lsat. I have a cancelled score in 2009 and A low score of 146 in Dec of 2009. And when I was ready for the RETAKE for Dec 2010 my 4 month old had a fever so I couldn't go, another absentee. I didn't know that lsac had changed their policy for postponing the exam until I tried to.

From Fall 2008 to Fall 09 was a terrible year for me and I can't take back the absence note or the one in 2010. I want to re-take the lsat once more this year 2012 to attend next year. However, if given advice in this forum that my chances are low for looking like a flake then perhaps now is the time I should give up on my dream of going to law school.

I was honestly scoring around a 159 in 2008 so I truly believed that in the Dec 2009 exam I could score around 154-159 BUT I was proven wrong with my low score of 146 which I attribute to my sluggish feeling from pregnancy.

What are my changes of getting into a decent law school? I graduated in fall of 2008 with a 3.6 GPA from a respectable university.

togepi

Silver

Re: LSAT MULTIPLE ABSENCE, CANCELATION & LOW SCORE?

Post by togepi » Wed May 30, 2012 7:46 am

The good news is you have a decent UGPA.

The bad news is, you have a shotty record with LSAT administrations that you'll need an addendum for. You'll have to do some research on LSAC's website for how long scores are good for as cancels count as attempts (3 allotted per 2 year interval I think).

Score wise you'll need to still aim for a 165 to start getting into decent schools with decent scholarship money.

It would help to know what your definition of "decent" is.

HTH

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”