2002 LSAT LR Sections Easier??? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bdm261

Bronze

2002 LSAT LR Sections Easier???

Post by bdm261 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:44 pm

I'm working along in my Kaplan LSAT Mastery and Timing Logical Reasoning practice book, which contains 26 Logical Reasoning practice sections of approximately 24-28 questions. My typical averages so far on the 8 practice sections that I've taken are about 68%.

Yesterday and today I did LR practice sections in PrepTest 39, Section 2 (December 2002) and PrepTest 39, Section 4 (December 2002). I scored a 75% and 81% respectively...my record so far.

I'm asking because I don't want to make too much of it and assume I've gotten that much better at LR if it's just a case of the Dec. 2002 LSAT being an easier test.

I try and do the most recent tests if possible, but the LR practice book goes is in a certain order and I figured I'd just do them all sequentially.

TopHatToad

New

Re: 2002 LSAT LR Sections Easier???

Post by TopHatToad » Fri May 25, 2012 12:08 pm

Congrats on the bump in your raw score! However, remember that LSAC curves (or equates for you nit-pickers) whole tests, rather than individual sections. Without a doubt there are easier and harder sections, so be prepared for fluctuations in your score.

More importantly, figure out what made these sections better for you and work from there. Were there more of a specific question type you're strong in? Did you spot flaws and assumptions faster than usual? Answer those questions by reviewing it, and you should have a better grasp on your results.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”