Just got a 174 today... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Helicio

Bronze

Just got a 174 today...

Post by Helicio » Sun May 20, 2012 7:15 pm

A low of 169, a high of 177 over the past 2 weeks with an average of 173. What can I do between now and June 11 to average around 175? Thanks dudes!

More info: For some reason I have been doing worse on RC lately and better on LG. I have also been taking more recent tests (in the 40s and 50s). Coincidence or no?

delusional

Silver

Re: Just got a 174 today...

Post by delusional » Sun May 20, 2012 7:21 pm

Helicio wrote:A low of 169, a high of 177 over the past 2 weeks with an average of 173. What can I do between now and June 11 to average around 175? Thanks dudes!

More info: For some reason I have been doing worse on RC lately and better on LG. I have also been taking more recent tests (in the 40s and 50s). Coincidence or no?
I also found that RC became more of an issue with the later tests. The main thing to do now is don't let up. If RC is a problem, get the RC Bible and work at it. It's not as improvable as other sections, but you can definitely use RCB to get a stronger grip on what's going on, if you haven't read it yet. Good luck!

Helicio

Bronze

Post by Helicio » Sun May 20, 2012 7:24 pm

delusional wrote:
Helicio wrote:A low of 169, a high of 177 over the past 2 weeks with an average of 173. What can I do between now and June 11 to average around 175? Thanks dudes!

I also found that RC became more of an issue with the later tests. The main thing to do now is don't let up. If RC is a problem, get the RC Bible and work at it. It's not as improvable as other sections, but you can definitely use RCB to get a stronger grip on what's going on, if you haven't read it yet. Good luck!
I read the RC Bible but it is so useless! I'll definitely look over RC more. It is strange because I thought RC was my strongest section and now I'm all of a sudden doing worse than usual on it.

delusional

Silver

Post by delusional » Sun May 20, 2012 7:27 pm

Helicio wrote:
delusional wrote:

I read the RC Bible but it is so useless! I'll definitely look over RC more. It is strange because I thought RC was my strongest section and now I'm all of a sudden doing worse than usual on it.
I had the same problem. Just when I thought that I had LG under control, RC became a bitch. I didn't have the problem long enough to even figure out what was going on - was it getting harder, or was I less focused? In fact, the first time I noticed it was on my first actual LSAT, which I had to cancel. The RC Bible helped, and also, just knowing to focus on it more was helpful. Keep grinding, take the Sunday before off, and you should be golden.

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Sun May 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Try the Manhattan Reading Comprehension Guide, I found it better than the RCB, and the general consensus on here follows.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Sun May 20, 2012 9:57 pm

Helicio wrote:I thought RC was my strongest section and now I'm all of a sudden doing worse than usual on it.
Logic games needs to be your strongest section.

Helicio

Bronze

Post by Helicio » Sun May 20, 2012 11:14 pm

I think I'm going to basically do PTs and drill LG for the next 3 weeks till I get to -0. I need to stop missing LG questions.

Thanks doods.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”