Is this an attainable goal? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
CardozoLaw09

Gold

Is this an attainable goal?

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:56 pm

PT'ing in the 150s right now; goal is 165 +. Struggling with L/R and L/G is a wild card - at times I can score well and at other times I get at least 10 wrong. R/C is improving dramatically so I'm not too concerned about that. With L/R I usually narrow it down to 2 answers but seemingly continue to choose the incorrect one out of the two. Recommendations/suggestions, etc? Thanks

gaud

Platinum

Re: Is this an attainable goal?

Post by gaud » Wed May 16, 2012 3:00 pm

First off, you can totally achieve that goal.

As far as LG goes, make sure you redo the games a couple of times. Change up your approach and keep track of the set-ups that work. Check out Powerscore or Manhattan if you're interested in an LG guide.

For LR, make sure you compare the answer choices to the stimulus and NOT each other. This was a mistake I made a lot when I first started prepping.

ETA: Manhattan and Powerscore also have great LR guides.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Wed May 16, 2012 3:02 pm

In short, yes it is attainable. However, I doubt you will be there by June. If you work hard, you may be able to get there by Oct. L/G should not be a wild card. You should do games over and over until nothing suprises you.

rwhyAn

Bronze

Post by rwhyAn » Wed May 16, 2012 3:06 pm

When you get down to the final two answer choices, be like George Constanza and choose the opposite one that you think you'd normally pick. :lol: If you're only PTing in the 150s now, 165 can be done, but it will be tough. Not trying to be a downer here, but figure that you'll most likely have a slight drop in score test day due to it being the real thing and having nerves. I'm not saying that that's the case for everyone, just most. See how you're doing after a couple more weeks. You can always unregister before the test date if you still don't think you're ready, or you cancel after the test if you think you did poorly. There's always October, too. Good luck!

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Wed May 16, 2012 3:08 pm

Is there a reason everyone is assuming OP is taking the June exam?

If you are, OP, you should take their advice and re-schedule to October. You'll have plenty of time to boost your score and you will still be able to apply early decision

zimmejs

New

Post by zimmejs » Wed May 16, 2012 4:35 pm

For LR & RC when you are down to 2 answers you should be able to prove 1 is correct by verifying it against the stimulus.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”