Gross inconsistency too close to June LSAT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
zooeysfranny

New

Gross inconsistency too close to June LSAT?

Post by zooeysfranny » Thu May 10, 2012 12:10 pm

I have a huge issue with consistency in PT tests. Sometimes I will miss only 2-3 LR questions...other times its nearly half. Should I just chalk this up to a bad day or something worse? There does seem to be some correlation to distractions in the room and the score but should it be affecting it this much? How much should consistency weigh in whether or not to postpone? I've been reading posts saying that if you are not falling within a point of two of your goal a week before the test, you should cancel.

Back story...I have taken the next 30 days off of work to study full time and gut load for the test so studying time is ample right now. I have been preparing off and on for the last 10 months but have only really pushed it hard in the last 2. I postponed from October to now and some days I feel super ready but when this happens it totally shatters my confidence. I am shooting for the low 170s. This is only really an issue in LR.

Thanks for any input!

bp shinners

Gold

Re: Gross inconsistency too close to June LSAT?

Post by bp shinners » Thu May 10, 2012 1:22 pm

You shouldn't be going from -2 to -13; that's a swing that must be attributable to something other than your understanding of the material.

If it can be traced to distractions, you really need to concentrate on finding a way to ignore them. You should also start keeping track of everything you can think of for each test/section. For instance, time taken, location, distractions, time since latest study session, length of most recent study session, etc... Pinpoint exactly what's causing that swing, and then deal with it. Because it's not your understanding of the material.

zooeysfranny

New

Post by zooeysfranny » Thu May 10, 2012 3:39 pm

I was taking the test with a little under 4 hours of sleep and I had been up for 12 hours when I took it (woke up at 5 am). Distractions were not huge but a couple were thrown in there. I had also been studying for two hours before I took the PT. I'm beginning to see that failure was pretty much inevitable, no?

princeR

Bronze

Post by princeR » Thu May 10, 2012 7:37 pm

zooeysfranny wrote:I was taking the test with a little under 4 hours of sleep and I had been up for 12 hours when I took it (woke up at 5 am). Distractions were not huge but a couple were thrown in there. I had also been studying for two hours before I took the PT. I'm beginning to see that failure was pretty much inevitable, no?
No. I test myself by sleeping for 1 hour than taking back to back PTs. Fuck it.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Fri May 11, 2012 5:05 pm

zooeysfranny wrote:I was taking the test with a little under 4 hours of sleep and I had been up for 12 hours when I took it (woke up at 5 am). Distractions were not huge but a couple were thrown in there. I had also been studying for two hours before I took the PT. I'm beginning to see that failure was pretty much inevitable, no?
Definitely not the time to be taking a practice test. Lack of sleep and mental fatigue both seriously affect cognitive abilities.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”