Significant drops in each PT I have taken. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
SingleLadies

New

Significant drops in each PT I have taken.

Post by SingleLadies » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:38 pm

Any input on what is going on here? I have written four PT's I started at 171 and have worked my way down to 158.

pt lr lr rc lg raw converted
30 -5 -3 -1 -4 88 171
31 -2 -7 -2 -9 81 165
32 -5 -5 -12 -3 76 162/63
40 -7 -6 -9 -6 73 158

Clearly

Gold

Re: Significant drops in each PT I have taken.

Post by Clearly » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:38 pm

You seem to be getting more problems wrong than you used to.

Kidding aside, I have no idea, that's nuts. Was the 171 a cold diagnostic, or after months of studying? because if its the former, I'm not inclined to believe you lol

Did you take them like 4 days in a row?

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:25 am

I've seen drops before, most noticeably 178 to 167 (though I have my excuses to why this occurred). However, they often occur in outliers when a test-taker is in the wrong mood to properly take a test.

The drop you've shown here does not seem normal at all. More information is definitely needed to see what is going on, like mentioned above was the 171 completely cold? How much studying have you done altogether?

I mean, there's really nothing I can say to explain this. Some PT's are just harder for a person than others and sometimes the test taker is just not in the mood to do well. However, neither of these things should be extreme or consistent enough to last through 3 more PT's with this severe of a drop...

With that said, clearly RC is you're biggest drop off, did the first two PT's you took all have passages you could easily interpret, possibly due to previous exposure to the subjects? Again, this is a reach since the 4 passages always vastly differ to prevent this...maybe you were in a sharper more focused mood knowing you were taking the test for the first (and second) time? I definitely lost a little focus once the luster wore off that studying, pattern recognition and confidence have luckily replaced for better results. Maybe that's the phase you need to reach??

Anyway, I'm grasping at straws. I have no idea what's going on.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:30 am

Without more information I'd guess you're experiencing a burnout.

Take 4 or 5 days off. NO LSAT PREP, NOTHING AT ALL. Then come back and be victorious.

SingleLadies

New

Post by SingleLadies » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:47 am

I never wrote a cold diagnostic. My first PT was done after 3 months of studying. The timing and conditions of my PTs have all been identical.

I never had any trouble with RC or LR even when first studying. I did cold timed sections of those areas and would get max -4. I am not sure why these have gotten worse. I am getting a lot of Assumption questions wrong, so I am now drilling those.

I did find the RC sections on the -12 to be difficult, but the -9 I thought I had done well. Sciences are the only topic which would normally give me trouble on RC, but these sections did not have any of those.

Very confused here.

I might take a few days off to work out and so forth. I have been 24/7 work lsat for the past weeks, whereas I was only lightly studying before the 171.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:54 pm

SingleLadies wrote:I might take a few days off to work out and so forth. I have been 24/7 work lsat for the past weeks, whereas I was only lightly studying before the 171.
There's your explanation. Don't spend more than 4 hours a day on the LSAT. Take at least one day a week off (2 days preferred).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”