Things to hate about the LSAT (Profanity involved) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Clearly

Gold

Things to hate about the LSAT (Profanity involved)

Post by Clearly » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:41 pm

After a frustrating recent test experience, I thought it would be fun to list things about the LSAT, LSAT prep, past actual LSAT experiences, etc that we absolutely hate. Consider it a healthy but angry means of venting.

I'll get it started:

Fuck Zepher Airlines
Fuck Snakes and Lizards
Fuck Interviews and Hires
Fuck misreading a rule
Fuck Mauve Iguanadons, Actually, fuck mauve in general
Fuck 169
Fuck the possibility that any of the above could very well happen in June
Fuck test centers near train stations
Fuck that fellow tester sitting next to me who apparently has tuberculosis.

Jeffort

Gold

Re: Things to hate about the LSAT (Profanity involved)

Post by Jeffort » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:54 pm

LMFAO

Let it out man, catharsis is good therapy. Let those feelings flow!

I have to 100% agree with you about Zephyr Airlines.

Teaching that game to a class or trying to explain it to somebody in tutoring in an understandable way is very difficult since it's a very unique type of game, one of only two of its kind. It doesn't easily conform to the conventional diagramming methods. I've seen the written set-up and explanations for it from various big name prep sources, they are all radically different from one another and also very confusing.

Anyway, carry on with the venting. It's good to get it out so you don't end up on top of a bell tower with a rifle or like this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgS4WIA-vM0

thestalkmore

New

Post by thestalkmore » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:19 am

Man Zephyr airlines doesn't deserve the rap they get :wink: . Just draw some circles and put some lines in there and it's a piece of cake.

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:42 am

Fuck random ass LR answers that you eliminate immediately and go "wtf that was right?"

Fuck CR questions asked at the end whose answer is at the beginning of the passage, the last place you look.

Fuck being super motivated to study at first, then hitting your excitement peak 2 months before the LSAT and be like "oh crap I gotta keep studying this shit for how long?"

Fuck getting a great score on a preptest and feeling great, then having your score drop 7 points on your next one.

Lastly, fuck being in the middle of a preptest when your dog throws up his breakfast on the floor next to you...that one sucks.

Logic Games are cool.

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:44 am

Fuck walking every test-taker through the rules and starting us all at the same time. If they can't read, they don't belong!

Fuck giving a handwriting sample. Take a picture or fingerprint of me when I sign in and be done with it!

Fuck an experimental section! What in hell does that have to do with preparing us for law school of law practice?

Fuck getting timed. Design a computer-adaptive test and let us go for ourselves!

Fuck the LSAT!

...but I still think we need it.
Last edited by PDaddy on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dkb17xzx

Bronze

Post by dkb17xzx » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:48 am

Micdiddy wrote:Fuck random ass LR answers that you eliminate immediately and go "wtf that was right?"

Logic Games are cool.

+1

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:05 am

Fuck that feeling when you cross out all 5 answer choices
Fuck pencil sharpeners
Fuck the writing sample
Fuck being a lefty
Fuck undisclosed Feb tests
Fuck the limited number of PT's
Fuck anyone with a higher percentile than me
Fuck RC inconsistency
Fuck any RC passage taking over 1/2 page vertically divided
Fuck question 14 in any LR section
Fuck Preptests 1-18 or so
Fuck taking too long on the first RC passage, then hurrying up, and finishing with like 7 minutes left
Fuck anything that's not sequencing, matching, grouping, or some combination of them (I'm looking at you, mixing colors in beakers)
Fuck non-splitters
Fuck scantrons
Fuck waiting 9 years to get a score back
Fuck pushing points around sections
Fuck experimental RC sections
Fuck doing awesome on the experimental, then realizing it was the experimental

You know what the sick part is. I say all this, but I really love the LSAT. When I took the feb, I realized I might never look at another LSAT again, and was saddened by it haha. I love the challenge of it all, I love that it's so important that with a good enough score, my mediocre GPA barely matters outside HYS.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:11 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:You know what the sick part is. I say all this, but I really love the LSAT. When I took the feb, I realized I might never look at another LSAT again, and was saddened by it haha. I love the challenge of it all, I love that it's so important that with a good enough score, my mediocre GPA barely matters outside HYS.
“In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him. I think it’s impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves. And then, in that very moment when I love them...I destroy them.” - Ender's Game

dkb17xzx

Bronze

Post by dkb17xzx » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:55 am

LSAT Blog wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:You know what the sick part is. I say all this, but I really love the LSAT. When I took the feb, I realized I might never look at another LSAT again, and was saddened by it haha. I love the challenge of it all, I love that it's so important that with a good enough score, my mediocre GPA barely matters outside HYS.
“In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him. I think it’s impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves. And then, in that very moment when I love them...I destroy them.” - Ender's Game

Printing this out and taping it to my wall.....gonna look at this every time i sit down for a review.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:42 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Fuck that feeling when you cross out all 5 answer choices
Fuck pencil sharpeners
Fuck the writing sample
Fuck being a lefty
Fuck undisclosed Feb tests
Fuck the limited number of PT's
Fuck anyone with a higher percentile than me
Fuck RC inconsistency
Fuck any RC passage taking over 1/2 page vertically divided
Fuck question 14 in any LR section
Fuck Preptests 1-18 or so
Fuck taking too long on the first RC passage, then hurrying up, and finishing with like 7 minutes left
Fuck anything that's not sequencing, matching, grouping, or some combination of them (I'm looking at you, mixing colors in beakers)
Fuck non-splitters
Fuck scantrons
Fuck waiting 9 years to get a score back
Fuck pushing points around sections
Fuck experimental RC sections
Fuck doing awesome on the experimental, then realizing it was the experimental

You know what the sick part is. I say all this, but I really love the LSAT. When I took the feb, I realized I might never look at another LSAT again, and was saddened by it haha. I love the challenge of it all, I love that it's so important that with a good enough score, my mediocre GPA barely matters outside HYS.
I really like this list! Image

Well done!

Carry on with more Image, it's my entertainment for the night!

t14fanboy

Bronze

Post by t14fanboy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:18 am

You sound like the ideal candidate for a position at Manhattan.

Systematic1

Bronze

Post by Systematic1 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:38 am

LSAT Blog wrote:
Great quote....

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:39 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote: Fuck being a lefty
I bet that makes for difficult testing, I'm sorry.

EDIT: :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HellOnHeels

Silver

Post by HellOnHeels » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:05 am

I never came across the Zephyr airlines game. I think I'm glad for it :shock:

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:07 am

Last edited by 03152016 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:04 am

Max324 wrote:That my Friday nights have been reduced to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... aP_k#t=31s
Max,

That's a great movie, I love it every time. :D

In case you or others haven't noticed, several cable channels/networks put it in rotation and re-run it frequently in the last few weeks leading up to each of the four annual administrations of the LSAT. They've been doing that for at least the last 6+ years that I've noticed.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Jeffort wrote:
Max324 wrote:That my Friday nights have been reduced to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... aP_k#t=31s
Max,

That's a great movie, I love it every time. :D

In case you or others haven't noticed, several cable channels/networks put it in rotation and re-run it frequently in the last few weeks leading up to each of the four annual administrations of the LSAT. They've been doing that for at least the last 6+ years that I've noticed.
I love the Opera Jazz Rock question reference haha.
It's sad that I remember like 99% of logic games ever.

Also, Zepher isn't that hard when you go back and take the time for it. When you save it as your last game in section 5 and get to it with 7 min left for the first time, then yeah, it's like WTF.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kakaa001

New

Post by kakaa001 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:51 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Fuck Mauve Iguanadons, Actually, fuck mauve in general
+1.

Also,

Fuck pollen fossils.
Fuck having TWO sections of LR. One wasn't enough?

MTal

Silver

Post by MTal » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:58 pm

It also qualifies you for the priviledge of obtaining a degree which 99 % of employers find useless all while saddling you with 150k of non-dischargeable debt that you will spend the rest of your life paying off, and that's IF you find a job.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:01 pm

MTal wrote:It also qualifies you for the priviledge of obtaining a degree which 99 % of employers find useless all while saddling you with 150k of non-dischargeable debt that you will spend the rest of your life paying off, and that's IF you find a job.
:lol:

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:52 pm

MTal wrote:It also qualifies you for the priviledge of obtaining a degree which 99 % of employers find useless all while saddling you with 150k of non-dischargeable debt that you will spend the rest of your life paying off, and that's IF you find a job.
Didn't you already rant the same uninformed whining doom and gloom perspective at length in a number of other threads?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MTal

Silver

Post by MTal » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:09 pm

Jeffort wrote:
Didn't you already rant the same uninformed whining doom and gloom perspective at length in a number of other threads?
What do you mean by "uninformed"? Which of the above conclusions are you disputing?

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:42 pm

MTal wrote:
Jeffort wrote:
What do you mean by "uninformed"? Which of the above conclusions are you disputing?
Your conclusion about a J.D. being useless and getting saddled with $150k in debt that you will be paying off until the day you die.

If you are capable, spend time doing quality research, put together a good strategy, work hard to carry it out, and perform well in the process, one can obtain something good with long term rewards.

I understand that absent scholarship $$, student loan debt for tuition and living expenses can get pretty high, but you don't have to make payments on it for a long time and there are various options to defer when payments start as well as many different adjustable payment plan programs available to students in order to give them breathing room while they shop for a job during law school and after graduation. You can defer student loan payments for a long time after graduation while hunting for a job, consolidate them, etc. There are plenty of options.

From your posts it appears that things did not work out for you the way you envisioned, that you gave up and became bitter about the process rather than fighting on with motivation to put your education/degree to work. Almost all legal processes are adversarial, that is how the system works. If a person cannot tolerate adversity and challenges, then law school is certainly a bad idea.

It's rough in the job market and legal employment is cutthroat by nature regardless of the economic climate. Always has been and always will be. If one can not handle that type of environment, they may not be suited for a legal career.

organic muskrat

New

Post by organic muskrat » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:49 am

Fodder!

The LSAT is nothing but fodder! (or the correct answer)

mark_gg_daniels

New

Post by mark_gg_daniels » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:49 pm

F**k getting 65% in one prep test immediately followed by 87%

I'm convinced about a quarter of this test is luck.

Oh and this question:

'All cattle ranchers dislike long winters.
All ski resort owners like long winters because long winters means increased profits.
Some lawyers are cattle ranchers.'

Please at least make some of them relevant to the planet that all of us actually spend our days in. I understand we are analyzing arguments, but come on....

:-)

I take mine in 2 days.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”