The Forgotten Few and Other Questions Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
JR2012

New

The Forgotten Few and Other Questions

Post by JR2012 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Hello TLS.

I decided to make an account once I started to study for the June LSAT. This is my first post.

I´m currently going through the LSAT Logic Games Bible, and I seem to get it (maybe all the sudoku i´ve been playing since h.s is starting to pay off). I only got like two wrong on all the practice problems with only about 9 minutes on each problem (I know I can get down to 8:45 eventually) up until the Forgotten Few. I haven´t gone through that chapter yet, but from what my friends have said that took the LSAT the past couple of years there´s almost no point in concentrating on them. Rather, I should just know the concepts. What do you think about their advice?

Also, I haven´t gotten to the Logical Reasoning and Reading section yet. What is the suggested or normal amount of time I should study for them? Would you also suggest doing a couple of LG sections from time to time while I study for the two other questions to make sure that I still have my LG abilities?

Finally, how important is the writing section and how much effort should I put into it studying?

Thanks!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: The Forgotten Few and Other Questions

Post by rinkrat19 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Have you taken a diagnostic test? Do you have any idea what your actual capabilities on a timed test are? It's hard to answer 'how much should I study on LR' if we have no idea whether you're a natural LR genius or something.

Geetar Man

Silver

Post by Geetar Man » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:25 pm

JR2012 wrote:Hello TLS.

I decided to make an account once I started to study for the June LSAT. This is my first post.

I´m currently going through the LSAT Logic Games Bible, and I seem to get it (maybe all the sudoku i´ve been playing since h.s is starting to pay off). I only got like two wrong on all the practice problems with only about 9 minutes on each problem (I know I can get down to 8:45 eventually) up until the Forgotten Few. I haven´t gone through that chapter yet, but from what my friends have said that took the LSAT the past couple of years there´s almost no point in concentrating on them. Rather, I should just know the concepts. What do you think about their advice?
That is good advice. I would practice them a few times, just so you know what is going on. The chances that you'll see a game like the forgotten few is slim to none. But the chance is still there. In short, don't put too much stock into these games.
JR2012 wrote:Also, I haven´t gotten to the Logical Reasoning and Reading section yet. What is the suggested or normal amount of time I should study for them? Would you also suggest doing a couple of LG sections from time to time while I study for the two other questions to make sure that I still have my LG abilities?
You should do the amount of untimed practice until you're getting almost all of the questions right. From that point on, then you can focus on the timing issue. Make sure to keep in mind that you need to understand what's going on first, since it will save you time in the long run.
JR2012 wrote:Finally, how important is the writing section and how much effort should I put into it studying?
Thanks!
You should check out a few examples of the writing section, so you know what to expect. If you really want to practice, then take it like a timed section; write an outline, and give your argument. Again, I wouldn't put too much stock into studying this section.

Good luck!

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:57 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Have you taken a diagnostic test? Do you have any idea what your actual capabilities on a timed test are? It's hard to answer 'how much should I study on LR' if we have no idea whether you're a natural LR genius or something.
^^^This
Take a diagnostic immediately, get used to the format and know where you are at, then plan your studying around that.
Furthermore, continue to take 2-4 full diagnostics a week until test date (and always review the answers). This is absolutely the best way to study, everything else is icing.

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:38 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Have you taken a diagnostic test? Do you have any idea what your actual capabilities on a timed test are? It's hard to answer 'how much should I study on LR' if we have no idea whether you're a natural LR genius or something.
^^^This
Take a diagnostic immediately, get used to the format and know where you are at, then plan your studying around that.
Furthermore, continue to take 2-4 full diagnostics a week until test date (and always review the answers). This is absolutely the best way to study, everything else is icing.
taking 2-4 prep test is not absolutely the best way to study for everyone. How do you know he has the concepts down? You should do the sections without timing until you have everything dowd and then start working on your time.
Also, you are a bad posters.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Geetar Man

Silver

Post by Geetar Man » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
^^^This
taking 2-4 prep test is not absolutely the best way to study for everyone. How do you know he has the concepts down? You should do the sections without timing until you have everything dowd and then start working on your time.
Also, you are a bad posters.

Not I, sir! I said the same thing earlier ITT.
Geetar Man wrote:You should do the amount of untimed practice until you're getting almost all of the questions right. From that point on, then you can focus on the timing issue. Make sure to keep in mind that you need to understand what's going on first, since it will save you time in the long run.

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:14 pm

exactly.

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote: Also, you are a bad posters.
And what does that make you? A bully trying to deter from contributing to this forum? If so your efforts will fail spectacularly.

If you disagree with my advice or opinion I suggest you do so the way most others here do, cordially. If you wish to simply pick a fight or, as in another thread, squabble about non-essential information, then I would conclude that in fact you, not I, are "a bad posters."

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
And what does that make you? A bully trying to deter from contributing to this forum? If so your efforts will fail spectacularly.

If you disagree with my advice or opinion I suggest you do so the way most others here do, cordially. If you wish to simply pick a fight or, as in another thread, squabble about non-essential information, then I would conclude that in fact you, not I, are "a bad posters."
You give bad advice regularly.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:

Well then, I fully expect you to monitor my contributions closely so that you can right all the poor saps who may erroneously find what I have to say useful. Again I warn, this will be no small task. I plan to spend hours each day here leading people towards doom and failure.
Good luck!

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:

Well then, I fully expect you to monitor my contributions closely so that you can right all the poor saps who may erroneously find what I have to say useful. Again I warn, this will be no small task. I plan to spend hours each day here leading people towards doom and failure.
Good luck!
--ImageRemoved--

Image Image

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:25 pm

I so call Cartman in that duel.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”