There is no LSAT 'ceiling' Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Gold

Re: There is no LSAT 'ceiling'

Post by 20130312 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:33 pm

HeavenWood wrote:Shoofly or bust, mothafuckaz.
NEW FAVORITE POASTER

Drake014

Silver

Post by Drake014 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:35 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Drake014 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
LexLeon wrote:(Except the 180.) I want to hear everyone's thoughts on the matter.
No.
Please stay on topic. We're discussing pies.
Shoofly or bust, mothafuckaz.

i don't like Shoe Flies.

--ImageRemoved--

moneybagsphd

Silver

Post by moneybagsphd » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:35 pm

Crack pie. Doesn't look like much, but it lives up to the name.

180asBreath

Bronze

Post by 180asBreath » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:26 pm

Sorry to derail the culinary treats, but I'd just like to say that I feel students should reject the notion of an LSAT 'ceiling'. Even if there is such a thing, there is no way of knowing what one's is. I remember feeling choked up the first time I broke into the 170's on a PT (-9 for a 173); I had limited myself, thinking I was incapable of achieving such a high score.

Just ignore all limitations and go after this mother of a test like a rabid dog.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:42 am

180asBreath wrote:Sorry to derail the culinary treats, but I'd just like to say that I feel students should reject the notion of an LSAT 'ceiling'. Even if there is such a thing, there is no way of knowing what one's is. I remember feeling choked up the first time I broke into the 170's on a PT (-9 for a 173); I had limited myself, thinking I was incapable of achieving such a high score.

Just ignore all limitations and go after this mother of a test like a rabid dog.
You got choked up over scoring well on a practice standardized test?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

noggo10

New

Post by noggo10 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:16 am

I don't think there's necessarily a ceiling as long as you're willing to put in enough time. I went from a 157 diag to a 173 on test day. But, on the other hand games were the section I initially struggled with the most so I had a lot of room for improvement there. If I had another 7 months to prep would I have gotten a 180....probably not because I had run out of test prep materials. But, I do think that most people in undergrad/w/a degree can get to a 170 if they're willing to put in the time.

180asBreath

Bronze

Post by 180asBreath » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:29 am

InGoodFaith wrote:
180asBreath wrote:Sorry to derail the culinary treats, but I'd just like to say that I feel students should reject the notion of an LSAT 'ceiling'. Even if there is such a thing, there is no way of knowing what one's is. I remember feeling choked up the first time I broke into the 170's on a PT (-9 for a 173); I had limited myself, thinking I was incapable of achieving such a high score.

I could see the uninitiated asking this question, but it seems a bit disingenuous coming from a TLS'er.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:06 am

180asBreath wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:

I could see the uninitiated asking this question, but it seems a bit disingenuous coming from a TLS'er.
That's taking the burgers to a whole new level.

BuckinghamB

Bronze

Post by BuckinghamB » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:06 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
180asBreath wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:

That's taking the burgers to a whole new level.
+1

why hasnt anyone mentioned key lime yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

foosbol21

Bronze

Post by foosbol21 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Can someone help me with a very important question:

WTF is the difference between sweet potato pie and pumpkin pie? They're identical:

Hope the pictures worked...

Drake014

Silver

Post by Drake014 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:33 pm

foosbol21 wrote:Can someone help me with a very important question:

WTF is the difference between sweet potato pie and pumpkin pie? They're identical:

I asked someone whose favorite pie was pumpkin. Their explanation was so unhelpful I can't even remember it.

I therefore conclude they're the same fucking thing. HTH.

foosbol21

Bronze

Post by foosbol21 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:01 pm

Drake014 wrote:

I asked someone whose favorite pie was pumpkin. Their explanation was so unhelpful I can't even remember it.

Thanks for the confirmation. I always thought this was a pie company conspiracy to get us to buy two of the same pies and think we're getting variety.

Also, didn't mean for my post to sound so literal. Just expressing my frustration with the current pie categorization system we have going on. Good to know I'm not the only one getting worked up over it though.

Drake014

Silver

Post by Drake014 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:19 pm

foosbol21 wrote:
Drake014 wrote:

Thanks for the confirmation. I always thought this was a pie company conspiracy to get us to buy two of the same pies and think we're getting variety.

Also, didn't mean for my post to sound so literal. Just expressing my frustration with the current pie categorization system we have going on. Good to know I'm not the only one getting worked up over it though.
I have long suspected similar types of conspiracies. For instance, I've long suspected that Michael Bluth and Nathan Fillion were the same guy but made into separate people for nefarious Hollywood purposes.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 094320 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:21 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”