drilling questions Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
collegebum1989

Bronze

drilling questions

Post by collegebum1989 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:40 am

Is it more efficient to drill the LR questions concurrently (like multiple question types/week) or to focus on one question type for couple of weeks, and advance as you go along?

Currently I have MBT -> MSS -> CTP -> CBT/MC -> NA -> F -> SA -> S/W -> MS/MA/PR/PF/Px/E/Pt/PI/PA

But I feel a bit uncomfortable since I'm going through Cambridge (by type) and it seems like if I do all of the questions, I wont get to drilling certain questions (like MS,MA,PR) by mid-April.

Is this OK?

MLBrandow

Bronze

Re: drilling questions

Post by MLBrandow » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:10 am

collegebum1989,

Here's the final question type chain I ended up deciding to follow:

It's essentially the same as what you have posted, but I came to the realization that these two branches simply aren't that related in terms of what they ask you to do (using existing information versus analyzing or applying new information). In following this tree, I've been trying to apply a range of 50-100 problems per day, and then reviewing with a small group of others following the same path. If you drill multiple question types at once, I don't see a problem with that necessarily, but I do definitely see a problem with spending "a couple weeks" on any one question type. If you spend two weeks on the 155 MBT questions in that section, you'll average only 11 questions per day... that's hardly quality preparation.

I recommend drilling at least two sections' worth of questions per day (50), or supplementing this drilling with something else (perhaps LG prep). Personally, I plan to spend about 3-5 weeks drilling LR questions by type while reviewing old LG games and taking LG sections from 1-38. Once I've finished with those, I'll focus on RC while drilling LR and LG sections for a few more weeks until around April, when I'll start PTing 39+ in full while retaking old sections as experimental sections.

You are free to do whatever you like, but if you have the desire to follow the prep by question type in the order I've set for myself, I recommend executing that plan in at least a similar manner as I am. Lastly, if you do plan to follow my prep plan, you are welcome to join the question type review groups we plan to hold at least a few days each week. MBT has been finished, but the MSS questions will be reviewed Tuesday evening at 8pm EST in the MLSAT room that the instructors were generous enough to reserve for the June study group.

Good luck!

collegebum1989

Bronze

Re: drilling questions

Post by collegebum1989 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:04 pm

Thanks for the help!

LR is my weakest section so I'm trying to make sure my study plan is effective. I'm currently doing 50 questions per studying day. I do 2 sections per day for 4 days of the week so I do about 150-200 questions per week and dedicate an entire day to review the week's work.

The only problem is that with the current schedule, there are some of the later questions which I won't even see until mid-April.

Let me know about this review session, I'm definitely interested!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”