Hand scoring and the February LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bernaldiaz

Gold

Hand scoring and the February LSAT

Post by bernaldiaz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:58 pm

Hello,

Just wondering how getting hand the test hand scored works. I know that for the December-Jun-Oct tests you can pay for it to be handscored after you get the results back if you see an error on your scoresheet. Obviously we won't be able to see the scantron for the February test since it is undisclosed, so I was wondering if this option is still available. I had a couple of answers changed due to erasing, and I always fill in really thoroughly on scantrons, so even after I had done my best erasing there was still doubt left in my mind. I know you can get it handscored and then wait for your results by snailmail and it takes like 5 weeks, but does anyone know if that option to get it checked by handscoring is available after you get your score back? I'll probably get it hand-scored no matter what, I don't want that doubt lingering in the back of my mind.

Thanks

FinallyGoing

Bronze

Re: Hand scoring and the February LSAT

Post by FinallyGoing » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:11 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:Hello,

Just wondering how getting hand the test hand scored works. I know that for the December-Jun-Oct tests you can pay for it to be handscored after you get the results back if you see an error on your scoresheet. Obviously we won't be able to see the scantron for the February test since it is undisclosed, so I was wondering if this option is still available. I had a couple of answers changed due to erasing, and I always fill in really thoroughly on scantrons, so even after I had done my best erasing there was still doubt left in my mind. I know you can get it handscored and then wait for your results by snailmail and it takes like 5 weeks, but does anyone know if that option to get it checked by handscoring is available after you get your score back? I'll probably get it hand-scored no matter what, I don't want that doubt lingering in the back of my mind.

Thanks
http://www.lsac.org/JD/LSAT/handscoring.asp

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:19 pm

FinallyGoing wrote:

Thanks
Thanks. Since it doesn't say February is excluded, I'm guessing it'll be alright then?

FinallyGoing

Bronze

Post by FinallyGoing » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:38 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
FinallyGoing wrote:

Thanks
Thanks. Since it doesn't say February is excluded, I'm guessing it'll be alright then?
That is what I am assuming. I don't see why not. I may ask for a hand score.

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Yeah the scantron sheets just don't erase that well. I had two changed answers, and even if there is a 2% chance that either was incorrectly marked wrong, I think that the $42 bucks is well worth it.

(Hmm that means I value an LSAT point at about $2000 bucks. That actually seems about right, if not a little low given how it could affect scholarship or acceptances (and then subsequent job prospects))

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FinallyGoing

Bronze

Post by FinallyGoing » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:59 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:Yeah the scantron sheets just don't erase that well. I had two changed answers, and even if there is a 2% chance that either was incorrectly marked wrong, I think that the $42 bucks is well worth it.

(Hmm that means I value an LSAT point at about $2000 bucks. That actually seems about right, if not a little low given how it could affect scholarship or acceptances (and then subsequent job prospects))
Where did you take the test? What state?

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:37 pm

FinallyGoing wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Yeah the scantron sheets just don't erase that well. I had two changed answers, and even if there is a 2% chance that either was incorrectly marked wrong, I think that the $42 bucks is well worth it.

Where did you take the test? What state?
Took it in good old Indiana (where I go to UG)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”