Better to take in June or October? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
DaRascal

Gold

Better to take in June or October?

Post by DaRascal » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:31 am

I was planning to take the LSAT in June but I'm so bogged down with work from school (I go to a very tough school) that I can never find ample time to study. Should I devote my whole summer to studying in October or should I man up find time and take it in June?

I feel if I spend the whole summer I'd be more prepared but I'm also afraid that if I take it in October by the time I apply it'll be weeks after the applications for the T14's have come out and I feel I need every advantage I can get, including applying as early as possible because I'm a URM with a 3.64 LSDAS (currently) so I want to maximize my chances to get into the best school possible.

What do you say? June or October?
Last edited by DaRascal on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mr.Binks

Silver

Re: Better to take in June or September?

Post by Mr.Binks » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:44 am

There's not a test in September. It's either February, June, October, or December. One advantage of taking in June instead of October is that it doesn't begin until 12:00 PM, as opposed to the others that have an 8:00/8:30 start time. If you work better later in the day, then you might find June is advantageous.

As far as schoolwork getting in the way of your studies, won't you have the same problem when school is in fool swing in the months leading up to October?

DaRascal

Gold

Post by DaRascal » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:54 am

Mr.Binks wrote:There's not a test in September. It's either February, June, October, or December. One advantage of taking in June instead of October is that it doesn't begin until 12:00 PM, as opposed to the others that have an 8:00/8:30 start time. If you work better later in the day, then you might find June is advantageous.

As far as schoolwork getting in the way of your studies, won't you have the same problem when school is in fool swing in the months leading up to October?
Oh yeah October's what I meant.
So I guess June is the way to go.

KingsBench

New

Post by KingsBench » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:45 pm

DaRascal wrote:
Mr.Binks wrote:There's not a test in September. It's either February, June, October, or December. One advantage of taking in June instead of October is that it doesn't begin until 12:00 PM, as opposed to the others that have an 8:00/8:30 start time. If you work better later in the day, then you might find June is advantageous.

Oh yeah October's what I meant.
So I guess June is the way to go.
At the same time, however, keep in mind that if you shoot for October you'll have May-August to do intense prep (assuming you're not taking spring courses or working), as opposed to just May if you're doing June.

I'm in a similar boat as you, but I've registered for June - I've given myself a modest schedule so hopefully by May all I need to do is PT like crazy. Shooting for the 180! =)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”