Most Similar or Best Non-Official Practice Tests? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
rbkl

New

Most Similar or Best Non-Official Practice Tests?

Post by rbkl » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:47 pm

I know that the best practice tests are the ones officially from LSAC -- and I do own a copy of all of them.

I have heard that Princeton Review's practice tests are significantly harder than the actual real tests. So my question is for anyone that has used non-official practice tests, which ones have been the best in your opinion? Which ones are the most similar to actual LSAT tests? Can you provide some reviews?

Thanks in advanced!

Scotusnerd

Silver

Re: Most Similar or Best Non-Official Practice Tests?

Post by Scotusnerd » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Do not take tests not made by LSAC, period. I did that for the first few months and paid dearly for it. Other companies do not have the people who created the tests working for them (most likely) and they have quite different goals in making the test. This results in a very different experience, and one that isn't conducive to learning the LSAT.

If you need to, go through, erase your answers and do them again. 63 tests is quite enough to prepare for the test, frankly. Unless you have perfect memory, I don't think you're going to remember every single question from every single test.

Let me repeat: DO NOT USE TESTS OTHER THAN THE ONES LSAC HAS MADE.

ben4847

Silver

Post by ben4847 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:22 pm

Scotusnerd wrote: 63 tests is quite enough to prepare for the test, frankly.
TITCR

KRog

New

Post by KRog » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:37 pm

Definitely agree with the above posters--do not use tests not prepared by LSAC!

Early on in my studying I took a test from a Princeton Review book. For one question, the correct answer was not even listed among the answer choices, which became obvious after I flagged the question for later review and saw that the answer key had an entirely different answer choice. LSAC questions are pre-tested during experimental sections before they ever appear on an actual test.

Retaking practice tests will not hurt you. You won't remember the answers, particularly if you retake in substantially the same order you took them in the first time.

MellowMantis

New

Post by MellowMantis » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:40 pm

ben4847 wrote:
Scotusnerd wrote: 63 tests is quite enough to prepare for the test, frankly.
TITCR
+1

SanDiegoJake

Bronze

Post by SanDiegoJake » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:27 pm

Just FYI. I teach for Princeton Review and we only use actual LSAC questions for all our course materials and practice tests. Unfortunately, the same is (apparently) not true for the Cracking the LSAT books available for purchase.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”