Logical Reasoning Advice ? Need to Improve ! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sbaron

New

Logical Reasoning Advice ? Need to Improve !

Post by sbaron » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:26 pm

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for improving my logical reasoning scores. Arguably the L.R is the most important part of the LSAT in terms of sheer numbers so I want to maximize results in this section. The highest I've achieved is a 20/24 but I consistently get 10 answers wrong seemingly. Ideally, I'd like to achieve 5 wrong maximum. I am working under timed conditions and I think perhaps part of my problem is I am working too fast.

Thanks everyone.

Note: I've purchased Kaplan and the Princeton review. They have tons of helpful techniques. I've also looked over the LSAT blog many times. I was wondering if anyone has any sheer practical advice which I've overlooked?

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Re: Logical Reasoning Advice ? Need to Improve !

Post by Tiago Splitter » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Figure out which question types you struggle with the most and aggressively drill those. When drilling, don't worry about time. Get accuracy down first before bringing time constraints in to play.

Philosopher King

Bronze

Post by Philosopher King » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:10 pm

sbaron wrote:I was wondering if anyone has any tips for improving my logical reasoning scores. Arguably the L.R is the most important part of the LSAT in terms of sheer numbers so I want to maximize results in this section. The highest I've achieved is a 20/24 but I consistently get 10 answers wrong seemingly. Ideally, I'd like to achieve 5 wrong maximum. I am working under timed conditions and I think perhaps part of my problem is I am working too fast.

Thanks everyone.

Note: I've purchased Kaplan and the Princeton review. They have tons of helpful techniques. I've also looked over the LSAT blog many times. I was wondering if anyone has any sheer practical advice which I've overlooked?
Get the Logical Reasoning bible. You can learn a lot from it. It is way easier than Analytical Reasoning.

CorkBoard

Gold

Post by CorkBoard » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:36 pm

sbaron wrote:I was wondering if anyone has any tips for improving my logical reasoning scores. Arguably the L.R is the most important part of the LSAT in terms of sheer numbers so I want to maximize results in this section. The highest I've achieved is a 20/24 but I consistently get 10 answers wrong seemingly. Ideally, I'd like to achieve 5 wrong maximum. I am working under timed conditions and I think perhaps part of my problem is I am working too fast.

Thanks everyone.

Drill. I noticed a greater improvement towards the end when I started to drill question types. Then I could see patterns and implement my strategy on how to attack that specific type of problem.

Mr.Binks

Silver

Post by Mr.Binks » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:14 am

CorkBoard wrote:

Thanks everyone.

Drill. I noticed a greater improvement towards the end when I started to drill question types. Then I could see patterns and implement my strategy on how to attack that specific type of problem.
What resource(s) did you guys use to drill the most effectively?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”